FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

US Eagle Rekeyable padlock

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 pm

US Eagle Rekeyable padlock

got this little sweet lock off Ebay
i think its kinda neat, and somewhat rare,or not often seen..
I mostly posted this as a warning though.
If you are not experienced at lock dissasembly, do NOT take it apart!
these are a total pain in the butt to put back together, as i found out first hand, moments after getting it out of the box and picking it.
very interesting internals, but a real chore getting everything lined up right after gutting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: US Eagle Rekeyable padlock

these locks are AWSOME. super tight keyways and most of the ones i have have rough bittings. here are some vids so you can see the coolness... and one to see what a pain it is to dissassemble (i did not reassemble it on cam... much harder)

picking...

dissassembeling...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:03 pm

I have the exact same lock, got it from ebay too, probably from the same seller haha. yeah i haven't taken it apart yet either...
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:08 pm

chriswingate wrote:I have the exact same lock, got it from ebay too, probably from the same seller haha. yeah i haven't taken it apart yet either...

yeppers.
one of you two pointed me in the right direction. same seller. (lo impact)
and yeah LSA, agreed. AWESOME lil' locks!
any idea on age/era ,anyone?

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:31 pm

a friend gave me this info when i asked him (he is a premier military lock collector and very knowledgable)

Michael Pitman wrote:What you want to do it unscrew the screw half way, then hit the end of the screw driver with a hammer or something heavy. It will start to push the core out of the lock, unscrew the screw until it is almost out and hit it again, you should now be able to ply the core the rest of the way out of the lock body. Be careful of how the parts come out so you can put it back the same way.
If you don't have a lot of patience and don't like to do puzzles, I advise against pulling the core out. It is not easy to get it to fit back together.
Now a little history lesson on this Eagle Lock co. This is not "The Eagle Lock Co." that was in business from 1880 to 1976. This Eagle lock co. was some kind of branch company that started making locks to fill a GSA contract to make so many locks. I have yet to find out what this company was or who own it. The locks were made in the same city as Fort lock co. Fort lock company was the last company to be making the brass body locks.There has been three previous companies who have made the same lock and put there name on them. So I believe Fort lock started another company to fill the contract to the government.
I believe they made this lock. Its the only stainless steel lock that has been made and used by GSA.

and thats all i got
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:16 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:a friend gave me this info when i asked him (he is a premier military lock collector and very knowledgable)

Michael Pitman wrote:What you want to do it unscrew the screw half way, then hit the end of the screw driver with a hammer or something heavy. It will start to push the core out of the lock, unscrew the screw until it is almost out and hit it again, you should now be able to ply the core the rest of the way out of the lock body. Be careful of how the parts come out so you can put it back the same way.
If you don't have a lot of patience and don't like to do puzzles, I advise against pulling the core out. It is not easy to get it to fit back together.
Now a little history lesson on this Eagle Lock co. This is not "The Eagle Lock Co." that was in business from 1880 to 1976. This Eagle lock co. was some kind of branch company that started making locks to fill a GSA contract to make so many locks. I have yet to find out what this company was or who own it. The locks were made in the same city as Fort lock co. Fort lock company was the last company to be making the brass body locks.There has been three previous companies who have made the same lock and put there name on them. So I believe Fort lock started another company to fill the contract to the government.
I believe they made this lock. Its the only stainless steel lock that has been made and used by GSA.

and thats all i got

excellent! thank you lSA and your wise friend.
just to add to this, if you place the side tabs that spring out when the faceplate/keyway shroud is removed in a large vise, & gently squeeze them inward, it makes reassembly much
easier. that solves the first problem. now that the bottom plate will be easily accepted by the lock body, the rest is just proper alignment of the plug,cam&locking bar,
shackle spring, and lastly, the shackle and retaining screw, (which as anyone who has done this knows ,is really just as Michael Pitman stated, a real puzzle.
i absolutely love this little lock and it has a permanent spot in my military/government collection.

( i was aware of tapping out the core as described & have done it many times,with tight or stuck cores...great info.)

EDIT : syntax
Last edited by awol70 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:a friend gave me this info when i asked him (he is a premier military lock collector and very knowledgable)

and thats all i got

excellent! thank you lSA and your wise friend.
just to add to this, if you place the side tabs that spring out when the faceplate/keyway shroud in a large vise, gently squeeze them inward, it makes reassembly much
easier. that solves the first problem. now that the bottom plate will be easily accepted by the lock body, the rest is just proper alignment of the plug,cam&locking bar,
shackle spring, the shackle and lastly, retaining screw, (which as anyone who has done this knows ,is really just as Michael Pitman stated, a real puzzle.
i absolutely love this little lock and it has a permanent spot in my military/government collection.

( i was aware of tapping out the core as described & have done it many times,with tight or stuck cores...great info.)

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks for mentioning the seller name Awol! I just ordered up one of these too. Looks like he's sitting on a pile of them... and also he has another that looks like it might be a double sided wafer as well from Eagle.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 am

his other lock is a double sided wafer lock... damned hard to pick(deep as hell) and its also a gov lock... but not marked as such (mike and me discussed this lock aswell, he does not know why its not marked)

(i did not know how to take it apart, he tole me lol

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock