FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

AMPLock receiver lock

<<

jharrison

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:24 am

AMPLock receiver lock

This is another beautiful lock I haven't seen discussed. The cylinder is a Taiwanese disc detainer from a company called "Real". It is probably an average disc detainer mechanism. The lock body is made in Canada.

The lock itself though, is a piece of art that deserves to be in a museum. It's hard to get a grip on the substantiality and workmanship of this lock without having it in your hand. The lock in the photos is for a 1.25" coupler. I can't see breaking this with something like hammering or hacksaws, etc. I would recommend this lock wholeheartedly, but I decided not to use it because I wanted a way to key all my trailer components the same (viewtopic.php?f=111&t=13073).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jharrison

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:52 am

Re: AMPLock receiver lock

Another somewhat devious use for these small hitch locks (for 1.25" receivers), it to place the pin through the universal joint in a steering wheel under your dash.

This essentially makes a better "Club"-like device than the actual Club.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock