FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Shaw Walker safe - request from Chile

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Re: Shaw Walker safe - request from Chile

In case you are still at this project:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... W656EOVXzl
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

luisaguayo

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm

Of course I'm in this project yet, you'll be notified when done, hehe.

I was out of the town for a week, going to next try tomorrow, thanks for the links and great support.

It seems I hace found 1 CP at 18, I will try to find the other tomorrow.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:47 pm

I do have a Satoh Sun 700. It has also a spring loaded roller fence. With this lock the right CP is much more noticeable because the drive cam has more difficulty pushing away the fence. At the end of the manipulation it is very difficult to turn the dial over this RCP. In some phases of the manipulation it is more valuable to guesstimate how hard this RCP stops the dial than where it is located. This lock has a drive cam, which has about the same diameter than the wheels. This means that the CPs are in some wheels positions just not there, because a wheel is to large and shadows them. All this can happen in your lock too, or not.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

luisaguayo

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Hello again,

I have been trying to find the right combination with no luck yet so I'm opened to drill the dial.

Squelchtone said this is a Mosler dial 103-D

I'm looking for recommendations - guide about the drilling process.

I have an eletric drill, I don't know where to dril, what diameter to use, angle, position, etc.

After drilling, how to fix(weld) the dial, etc.

Thanks again
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Can you unscrew the flat piece with the SW logo on the tip of the dial?
<<

luisaguayo

Post Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:23 am

No idea it was possible, I will try today later and let you know and I will buy a tiny cable camera.

Thanks,
<<

luisaguayo

Post Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Finally, after 2 years I managed to open the old family Shaw Waliker safe, from Santiago de Chile I appreciate the support of this community, especially to @squelchtone, @MartinHewitt @bitbuster @L4r3l2 @rRiyame , strongly grateful to @Squelchtone who supported me by giving me tips and technical advice, encouragement, fun and a many hours of his time.

The most incredible and excitement has been disinterested cooperation from different countries and over 8,000 km away, the only way to get ahead in this world is through cooperation.

Thank you!!!

Por fin, después de 2 años logré abrir la antigua caja de fondos familiar Shaw Walker, desde Santiago de Chile agradezco el apoyo de esta comunidad, especialmente a @squelchtone, @MartinHewitt @bitbuster @L4r3l2 @rRiyame, fuertemente agradecido a @sq que me apoyó entregandome tips y consejos técnicos, ánimo y diversión a través de muchas horas de su tiempo personal. Lo más increible y emocionante ha sido la cooperación desinteresada desde diversos paises y más de 8.000 km de distancia, la única forma de salir adelante en este planeta es mediante la cooperación.

Gracias, gracias, gracias
Previous

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock