FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What are the odds? ASSA twin.

<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:56 pm

What are the odds? ASSA twin.

About 2 months ago a locksmith gave me an ASSA twin mortise cylinder, missing the sidebar, all springs and all pins but the sidebar pins. No key.

Today a totally different locksmith over 50 miles away gave me his pin bucket (leftover pins and stuff from pinning up locks). In it were an ass load of keys, pins, and other stuff.

The weird part is, in it I found 1 ASSA twin key, and 3 sidebars! What are the odds of these sidebars lining up with the pins I already had. And that they are assa twin sidebars? And that the key fits. Lol

Am I just lucky or what?
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:41 am

Re: What are the odds? ASSA twin.

Run and buy a lottery ticket. Good find
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:22 am

Re: What are the odds? ASSA twin.

Ok looking a bit closer I realised the sidebar pins are "universal". As in they are all the same. The sidebar itself and the key are a match. The pins do not change. So it was more than just luck why the sidebar works. Those sidebars and that key came from the same lock, so obviously they would work.

Still quite odd I would get every part u needed to complete a lock that is not very common around here.
Also got enough to make a mul-t-lock KIK lol.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock