FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

SB Lock - Strange - Info needed

<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:58 pm

SB Lock - Strange - Info needed

Hey guys, recently I was given a strange lock. It looks a little old, and very hard to pick. The tag on the keys reads "This SB LOCK was invented after years of research and has been tested to be pickproof by many world famous lock experts due to its special construction.".

It looks to have 15 pins (5 banks of 3) with only 3 cut depths and tensions from the back! ouch.
sblock.JPG

If anybody knows anything about this lock, I am all ears -- Or eyes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:19 am

Re: SB Lock - Strange - Info needed

The two ways I have picked these are to either tension using the pins themselves (tricky) or to make a tension wrench of music wire that will reach all the way in and tension where the tip of the key tensions.

It is not pick-proof, despite their claims.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:34 am

It is very similar to the Gerda locks. Russian I think. There have been three tools that I know of. Two of them are picks that allow you to pick the pins from inside of a hollow tensioner, they just have different picking tips. Cool locks.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 am

Think the Gerda locks are Polish. Same idea, just the OP's lock has keys of smaller diameter. Some of the newer Gerda keys of that style have a drive tab instead of a slot in the tip of the key.

About a year and a half ago, saw a Gerda key on a customer's key chain. The keys are huge. I was surprised, to say the least, that the customer had one of those keys. Only one I have ever seen 'in the wild'.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock