FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Rare American or Master Destruction

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Rare American or Master Destruction

The Butcher and I chipped in on a lot of American locks. When I received my bunch, I noticed one of them has a very strange keyway that I have never seen on a American lock. I am still not certain what keyway it is but the Schlage SC20 blank appears to fit. Any ideas?

In the same lot there was a US 5200 which is pretty standard. The real Americans had the standard 6 pin core pinned to 5 and the Master 5200s have their plastic mixed metal junk but wait this is right in between. I didnt check the date code stamped on the lock but I think this is right after Master started to make changes and before they applied their cheap cores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:19 pm

Re: Rare American or Master Destruction

Interesting find PG! I also notice that the Spools are plain spools... not sporated :-/ Looks like the Restricted WR2 keyway maybe?
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Yea forgot to mention that those spools are nooooo way American. Not sure what WR2 is? I think the Butcher also mentioned that but then said its not. WR is what, american/master keyway?

Im going to gut it and make sure the SC20 blank fits, if so, obviously cut the key then share the out come. I have the lock in that picked position so I can not stick the blank all the way in but the tip goes in easy and the warding lines up but I think I will need to shave the blade width down a hair to make it work perfectly but regardless Ill share what I discover.
<<

HT4

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Funny... I think that I just saw that the other day when looking something up for my 748 video. Check out page 33 of this American Lock service manual: http://www.americanlock.com/pdfs/A-004_ ... l_2010.pdf It looks like that's the restricted keyway numbered "AK5WR2BOX ."

No idea about the pinning... though I've seen similar spools in Master LOTO locks.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Thats where those spools look so familiar.

Yep you found it. Great another restricted keyway I can not get a blank for. Thanks for saving me some search time so the SC20 will have to do but lets admit it an American with a schlage key will be pretty cool, no?
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:15 pm

pretty positive its not the new master warding on that keyway. thats all i can say about it other than it looks quite interesting
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Hmm that's gonna be a tough one. I have some American cylinders that are a perfect match for the ProSeries 6000B/7000B but they are different than this one.
They have R1, R2, R7, and R8 restricted keyways.
If worse comes to worse I can send you a normal keyway cylinder with keys you can put in the lock.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

That is the R2 keyway. Been trying for a while to get blanks. After my vacation, will go about the process of getting the blanks.

Today at work, when it was slow, decided to try modifying a key to fit. It did work, but did not have time to impression a key yet. Was able to modify a Schlage C keyway to fit. :mrgreen: You can try that, too.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 am

I really want to make this work because its my only restricted keyway :) but thanks for the offer Jeff. Should things go south Ill be contact you.

Gorden, I think the SC19 would have been much less work for you. I havent had a chance but hoping today will be the day and I can make a key for it.

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock