FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

SFIC Cap Screws

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 am

SFIC Cap Screws

We have been coming across more of these in the field. I don't yet know who makes them. Thought you might like a couple photos.
SFIC.caps.1.JPG

SFIC.caps.2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am

Re: SFIC Cap Screws

That would sure make things easier wouldn't it? I wonder if somebody in your area just taps these and puts the screws in because they don't have the tools to cap and such?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 am

I have some 5-40 set screws on order and the tap at home to do just this :)
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 am

If it were me, I would tap them all the way into the plug; Then I would pin them up with spools,,,Muahahahhahahaha!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

Sometimes when rekeying older locks around here, the bible cover is about to come off or has, I have on a few occasions tapped and plugged with screws, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, it is professional and works, lot easier than trying to stake down an old cap, you can't guarantee it's going to hold. I carry the tap and screws with me so that I don't get screwed on a job.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:22 pm

I've been doing the setscrew thing for a while. Mostly so I can practice picking, but also because I like to take things apart, and those brass strips usually do not like to cooperate with me.
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Do you have any extra SFIC BEST locks like that, that you would be willing to sell?

Preferably 7 pin but i'm not too picky
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 pm

magician59 wrote:If it were me, I would tap them all the way into the plug; Then I would pin them up with spools,,,Muahahahhahahaha!

Yes!!! :armed:
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I have never had an issue putting the brass flat cap back on... but if I ever get around to getting a tap... ill deffinately be atting the screws to a few locks i have
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I know many of you do it; and I have done it myself: But MOST top caps are not meant to be removed and replaced. This is especially true with KIK/KIL cylinders. It is, however, the factory approved technique for Corbin/Russwin master ring cylinders and LFICs.

Definitely NOT recommended for Sargent cylinders--especially their LFICs.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 pm

I think the idea of using grub/set screws for this purpose is awesome! It allows you to quickly repin without having to waste caps, etc... and it's just fast and easy!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:28 pm

elbowmacaroni wrote:I think the idea of using grub/set screws for this purpose is awesome! It allows you to quickly repin without having to waste caps, etc... and it's just fast and easy!

Yep, but your repinning a house and it's getting late, your on your last lock, and for some reason you repin it and the cap falls off and you can't get it back on without a mangled mess! Then you thread the holes and insert grub screws, put the lock back on and collect your money with no worries about that lock falling apart! Happened to me a couple of times, first time I was stumped and came up with this, then the second time I was prepared!!
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

just make sure you use smaller top pins so the setscrews can be screwed in far enough.
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 pm

jeff is learning - - :smile:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:42 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:
elbowmacaroni wrote:I think the idea of using grub/set screws for this purpose is awesome! It allows you to quickly repin without having to waste caps, etc... and it's just fast and easy!

Yep, but your repinning a house and it's getting late, your on your last lock, and for some reason you repin it and the cap falls off and you can't get it back on without a mangled mess! Then you thread the holes and insert grub screws, put the lock back on and collect your money with no worries about that lock falling apart! Happened to me a couple of times, first time I was stumped and came up with this, then the second time I was prepared!!

Good point, I can certainly see how it would be quite useful for those in the trade as well Kid.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
Next

Return to This Old (or unusual) Lock