FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Abloy torn down

<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:18 pm

My Abloy torn down

Thought I would share what was in side my abloy lock.

First pic shows the cylinder removed from the body. Pry up the circlip and remove.
Then you have to push from the front as you remove the plug internals or else some parts will stay behind.
Abloy cylinder.jpg

And here is what's inside. 11 discs and spacers.
Abloy cylinder exploded.jpg

A top bar is shown as the little bent flat bar in the centre top and the 2 side bars are above that.
Abloy Side bars.jpg

When you first slide out the centre watch the spring loaded cam that sits above the top bar.
Abloy outer cylinder.jpg

And when you remove the front collar, there is ball bearing, spring and ball bearing in 2 positions.
Abloy front and centre.jpg

And here is a pic of the internal of the core showing the side and top bar channels.
Abloy core internal bar channels.jpg

Disc 2 and spacer showing wide top groove and false gates.
Abloy discs.jpg

More to add if I get it back together...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: My Abloy torn down

Great work! That is a Disclock for certain. The 'L' shape metal is the side bar. The other two are scrambler bars that reset the discs to 'zero' when the key is turned back to the neutral position. If you are not positive on how to put it back together, there are a couple threads on them. But I think you will do fine.

Just a side note - the disc at the bottom with four gates is a master disc - it opens with more than one bitting on the key at that position. :-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:11 pm

Excellent pics, thanks.

The first Abloy locks I ever laid my hands on were Disclocks. A locksmith in NYC sent me a bag of misc keys, parts, and locks. Some worked, some didn't. I had a fun weekend taking everything apart, cleaning everything and rebuilding and rekeying the locks to try to get as many working locks with keys as I could out of the pile. I didn't have quite enough of the right discs for the keys I had, so I ended up having to master some of the discs by hand filing grooves in them to match the keys.

I found that using an extremely tiny dab of grease was handy to keep the ball bearings in place while reassembling. I used Militec grease which, although smells horrible, has just the right amount of stickiness to work. Also with the Militec, if you heat up the lock afterwards with a hair dryer, the grease will flow into the microscopic pores of the metal and give it very long lasting lubricity for smooth functioning. If you do that, just remember to go VERY light on the lube so it doesn't end up attracting crud in the lock.
<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:59 am

Reassembled ok.

Abloy lock reassembled.jpg

Had to make a key blank from ply to hold all the bits in place.

Abloy lock wooden key blank.jpg

Might have a go at making a real key when I get hold of a proper blank. Anyone got one for sale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

ghost1

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Excellent post don't see many abloy here mostly chinese copys even had one with alboy stamped on it naarrrf.

Return to Disc Detainer Locks