FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tokoz Pro Disc Cylinder

<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Tokoz Pro Disc Cylinder

Showing the Discs of the Tokoz Pro and how the work or interact with the key. The key turned half way will release the sidebar, another 45° turn will then turn the Actuator.
I will upload detailed pictures and a Review on this system as soon as my report for Tokoz is finished.
<<

lockpickfan

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Re: Tokoz Pro Disc Cylinder

We got this lock in Hungary for testing too, they say it is snapping proof, but on snapping test it was failed.
I have one in my lock collection somewhere, i will pick it for my hands too if i have enough time.

My first impressions from this lock:
- Abloy cutter works perfectly on this lock :D
-It works a bit hard from out of the box. The guys from Tokoz showed us this lock about how it works if it is in use for a half year, it works mutch fine, so it needs only time.
- Looks like a cheap alternative for abloy protec
- Older peoples will never learn the usage of this lock ( i mean you need to turn back the key a half to get out the key).
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:49 am

Hey mate,

I agree that at first sight it may look a bit like the Abloy but the system is different due to its housing. The use the spacer discs as the housing and this is also one of the problems the lock has and why it is not working so "smooth" at the beginning. Now that I cleaned it up and using my Tunap Oil and Grease on it it works perfectly though. I still have a few problems with that solution of them which I will explain in detail in my report. (I am writing on it at this very moment and will sent it to Tokoz today)

I do not have the equipment to try snapping it but I believe it is possible. One of the reason or the main reason for that are probably the missing false gates on the dics. Therefor you can not get a false set and this will make it easier for the snapping technique. I already have that mentioned in the report but I have to thank you for the information on that, didn't know someone tested that already :)

It is not as expensive as the Abloy Protec that is true but what do you expect of a lock that costs like 1/4 or even 1/5 of the Protec?
I would say it is good for the price and if they make some improvements which obviously have to be made even better. We will see :)

I have not taken the Europrofile apart yet and will probably give to a friend in the US to make tests on that one. He has the right tools!
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 am

Oh wait!!!

I got you wrong there... I was talking about bumping and I think I also read bumping.
With snapping you mean the breaking of the cylinder right? I thought it would not be possible due to the hardened insert going through the bottom of the material. But I have also recognised the cut outs on the outside of the cylinder housing. Wondering what they were for but this may also weaken the strength of the housing against such attacks. My first thought on that problem would however say: Quality of the material being used.
<<

lockpickfan

Familiar Face

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Thank you for your reply :)
Yes, as snapping, i mean breaking the cyl. at the holding screw hole.

We snapped the lock what was installed into a door, and we done this when the manufacturer visited to us, so they had seen it too ;)
So it is possible.
<<

dicey

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 pm

How did the react to that? Do they want to improve it?
How was it possible that it passed the "ČSN P ENV 1627 - Defines resistance of the product against aggressive physical attack, drilling, bumping, forced attack, wrenching, etc." test then?
Did the bridge at the bottom fail or the housing material?

I can only imagine that it has to do with the quality of the material being used either on the bridge at the bottom, the housing or both.

Return to Disc Detainer Locks