FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help with this lock ?

<<

Pickaway

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Help with this lock ?

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and to lock picking so excuse my ignorance.

So far I have been able to pick a tri circle 264 and 264 pad lock. I was given a more secure lock and I can't even seem to sit a tension wrench in it, it's a steel padlock but actually getting to it seems impossible, here are some pictures any advice would be great.[img][img]http://s7.postimage.org/3qi8runhj/2012_10_31_20_42_04.jpg[/img]

Image[/img]
<<

Pickaway

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Help with this lock ?

Forgot to add that it has nothing on it that seems to identify it .
Thanks again
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 pm

That would be a disc detainer lock. You need special tools to pick those. Here is a good place to start if you are truly interested. http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3682
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 pm

HI pickaway first off welcome to kp its probably not a abloy if its not got any markings so should make it a tad more pickable.
first off its a disc lock you will need to put tention on the first disc NOT the rotating cover part...to do this insert a flat object all the way to the back of the keyway and turn all discs clockwise at the same time till they stop turning THEN put tention on the first disc...clockwise...go in with your pick and turn the rest of the discs anti clockwise till you feel it stop...notches in the discs align up with the locking bar...when there aligned it will open.
special picks that are dedicated to disc locks are used normally...but are fun.
lots of good vids on youtube
<<

Pickaway

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 pm

thanks for the quick response !

Ok I will read up on this now , I would love to crack this thing but it appears a difficult task .
<<

Pickaway

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi guys

The disk detainer pick I think I will order, how long to hone this skill on average ?
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Pickaway wrote:Hi guys
The disk detainer pick I think I will order, how long to hone this skill on average ?

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm

MBI wrote:
Pickaway wrote:Hi guys

lol
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 am

Pickaway wrote:[H]ow long to hone this skill on average ?

It is hard to generalise about an entire category of locks. The disc-based locks are a large family that varies in their number of disks, manufacturing tolerances and anti-manipulation features. Also because no one is taking these measurement any quoted figure is going to be derived from anecdote and will consequently be unreliable. There is also a very high degree of variation in the speed with which individuals gain proficiency in picking and impressioning locks. Some of the forum members gain proficiency in a remarkably short period of time, achieving in months what some only achieve after years. So unfortunately you question can't be accurately answered. '42' is as good as any other answer :smile:
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

I have seen someones video on youtube that showed a disc detainer being picked with a tensioner and a half diamond pick,
although I do have one of the knockoff disc detainer picks, the concept of doing it with a halfdiamond is more intereseting.
Wish I had a link to the video, I hope if someone else finds it, they bring the link, I have seen this video but cannot link it right now.

It may have been Solomons video, that just came to mind, but can't be certain.

Return to Disc Detainer Locks