FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New disc detainer pick (rear tension)

<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 am

New disc detainer pick (rear tension)

Here she is, finally... the tensioner was fine but the pick needed a little filing. It's fiddly to hold it steady as it doesn't lock in like the front disc tool, but with a little practice she's not too bad!

I should make a point for anyone not aware of this yet, it's very easy to pick rear disc driven locks with the front disc tool with a simple trick. Once all the discs feel set, you simply switch tension to one of the driver discs using the tip of the tool meant for picking and you rotate the front disc back with the tensioner - and pop she goes.

So why did I buy a rear disc tool then? Simple... some locks have recessed keyways and the front disc tool doesn't get in far enough to hook in properly. Such as this big bastard of a silverline padlock I've had for ages... not a problem for the rear disc tool as it goes right to the back and there's no slippage.

Setting the discs front to back she pops in 10 seconds, will do a video in a while but for now here's a pic:

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:33 am

Re: New disc detainer pick (rear tension)

Great work Solomon. Where did you get the pick, looks good. You are the disc master!!!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 am

KokomoLock wrote:Great work Solomon. Where did you get the pick, looks good. You are the disc master!!!

It's a hong kong special, was only £10 with free shipping. Not a bad piece of extra kit for the box, especially for the price :D
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:27 am

KokomoLock wrote:Great work Solomon. Where did you get the pick, looks good. You are the disc master!!!

I suppose its this : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17628

Return to Disc Detainer Locks