FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

TiGr bike lock

<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:11 am

TiGr bike lock

Today I've seen a bike locked to a light pole with this cool lock. I'm sure I've seen mentioned here or on another forum but can no longer find the thread.
Looks an abloy stile lock. I've found the manufacturer website, looks cool but ain't cheap (it costs as much as my bike) http://www.tigrlock.com
In theory one should be able to lock both wheels and the bike frame to the pole, but judging from how this bike was locked, it's not that easy. He left the front wheel unlocked.
Anyway, here are a couple pictures.

Enjoy :)

<<

Deadlock

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:17 am

Re: TiGr bike lock

Yeah, the pole was too thick for that. One helluva bike lock. I've seen some bikes that have open cables running along the top tube, so it probably wouldn't be suitable for them. I think I'd be a bit worried about it scratching the paint. Wonder if that's an issue?

Looked up "Gr" on the Periodic Table. Nothing there. :smile:
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Those are neat locks.
I wish I'd bought a couple during the Kickstarter when they made them with Abloy Protec cylinders so I didn't have to add more keys to my keychain.
The production model still uses a good quality disc detainer lock, but a different brand.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:39 am

Deadlock, to prevent scratching the bike there are o-rings, and the surface is covered in clear PVC. I've looked the Gr in the periodic table too... nothing.

MBI, I wonder if it's possible to swap the original lock with another one. I already have too many keys on my key-ring.

Cheers :)
<<

Deadlock

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:52 am

Ah, I saw the O-rings, but didn't notice it was plastic covered. Now you've said it, I looked closer and I can see it. Problem solved then!
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:27 pm

femurat wrote:Deadlock, to prevent scratching the bike there are o-rings, and the surface is covered in clear PVC. I've looked the Gr in the periodic table too... nothing.

MBI, I wonder if it's possible to swap the original lock with another one. I already have too many keys on my key-ring.

Cheers :)

You can't swap cores with Abloy on the production models, the housings are a bit different.

Return to Disc Detainer Locks