FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I think I broke my master lockout lock.

<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 am

I think I broke my master lockout lock.

I was pretty pleased with myself at being able to pick my Master lockout lock we use at work but now it us pretty hard to turn with the key but will turn when the key is less than half way in.

I think it is a captive key lock as I couldnt remove the key when open but when I picked it, I relocked the shackle before I turned the keyway to the locked position.

It seems to be lockable and should be ok for work but offers very little security. Not that it was the greatest lock in the first place.

My question is it posible that i have pooched this lock.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

Alera

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 am

Re: I think I broke my master lockout lock.

Well, I personally haven't heard of it yet, but I don't doubt it since it's a Master lock. Did you use WD-40 in the lock? That's never a good idea. Did you use way too much tension and force pins too much? It could just be hat you need to be nicer to your locks ;D
'Go Analog Baby, You're So Post-Modern'

Return to HELP!!!!!