FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

help with pick mul t lock

<<

hodarakevin

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 pm

help with pick mul t lock

hi i am new in this forum and i learn now to open mul t lock cylinder with picking tools and when its not in the door i open it very fast but after i try in door of my friend and i cant open it i dont know why some pins is down but still i cant open it
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: help with pick mul t lock

Welcome to Keypicking.

It sounds like you're having feedback problems and aren't used to picking what people call "static" locks, which are locks that are mounted in a door or in a vice or somewhere else. You get much more feedback when holding a lock in your hand. The best advice I can give is to buy a vice and practice.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:56 pm

It sounds more to me like he isn't sure what he's supposed to be doing and just got lucky with the one he did open. It's possible the one he opened wasn't even MTL, cos even garrisons are pretty hard to rake/luck open.

Hodarakevin, there's a lot more to it than just pushing the pins down... especially with mul-t-lock. Which ones were they? Garrison, classic, interactive, MT5, or MT5+? Help us to help you. If you managed to luck open a garrison or some cheap imitation like the nabub with an easy bitting then tried to pick an interactive, that'd explain a lot.

In all honesty though you'd be better off starting out with something a hell of a lot easier and working on basic stuff until you know exactly what you're doing and have developed a decent feel for locks in general. Also, picking locks on doors isn't the best idea when you're just starting out. I've seen israeli doors, you need 2-4 full turns of the key to unlock as well so you'll be needing a reliable plug spinner unless you wanna sit there for an hour or more picking it multiple times. That's for future reference though, don't go messing with doors until you know exactly what you're doing cos if you mess something up it's gonna cost you a shitload of money. :shock:
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:28 pm

I agree it takes a long time to pick the mul-t lock start off with something else dimple wise to get the feel ! welcome to kp
<<

Violaetor

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Might take note of what the lock is specifically, as there are a bunch of iterations of MTL and variants with different internals.
Looking to get something made? Send me a PM!
<<

AULockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Any lock that is 'in situ' will always be different to picking it in the hand. I always make it a practice to pick 'in situ', that means in a vice situated in such position as it would be in a door. I find the hand compensates a little by way of movement which emphasises feedback, in a door or 'in situ' you haven't got that compensatory movement which assists in feedback, and picking 'in situ' is not like sitting comfortably at a desk or bench picking at *your* ideal picking position. In a door is not so comfortable. Of course padlocks don't matter because they are usually swinging in the breeze anyway.
LDU2U on YT and do unto others before they do unto you
<<

Neilau

Post Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Don't practice on a lock that is on use !!!!!!!!!!

Rule number ONE.

"Read the post "Rake Key Stuck" ( viewtopic.php?f=116&t=8211 ) to see what can go wrong and the problems that can result.

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Scab

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 am

Neilau wrote:Don't practice on a lock that is on use !!!!!!!!!!

Rule number ONE.

"Read the post "Rake Key Stuck" ( viewtopic.php?f=116&t=8211 ) to see what can go wrong and the problems that can result.

Cheers.

Absolutely right, don't do it.
Even if its just for the embarrassment factor.

Return to HELP!!!!!