FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

help with YALE

<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:01 pm

help with YALE

dose any one know about this lock a friend pickt it up out of the trash sadly the shackle had been cut :( it has no markings on it but the yale logo and its stampt isu for iowa state university.ps can the core b removed and if so how id like to see whats on the inside.any info much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Kezo

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Re: help with YALE

Can you see a screw or a rivet in the hole for the shackle?
<<

james504

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 pm

looks like a yale I-core to me .....it deff. comes out...
http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJames504
<<

whizdumb

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 am

You may very well haveta pick it to control to get the cylinder out. Good luck and let us know.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 am

There should be a seventh pin in the back that pulls the control lug/sleeve over. The easiest way to get that one out would be to take a key and cut the tip down to the correct depth (I don't know what depth it is). Then cut down the rest of the key so you have plenty of room for your picks.

If it can turn 180 degrees, which I doubt will happen being in a padlock, you can depress the retaining pin and turn it a little bit further. I think .45cal has some pictures showing how it worked on a lockwood somewhere on this site.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:14 am

Seeing this may help. Kokomo picked one on camera, he didn't pick the core out of a housing, but he does point out the seventh pin at 5:10 in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKPGbhn4zs

FYI, Schlage and Lockwoods large/standard format IC cores work on the same principles. So if you are really really really lucky, this may be possible, but unlikely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B75HYQY62Iw I've only ever gotten that to work a few times. For it to work the control pin has to be the very last pin in the binding order, and that's not a very common thing to have happen.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am

Cut the tip of an appropriate keyway blank to a No. 1 depth. Cut the tip off and insert it all the way into the core. Make sure it's cut only wide enough to not interfere with the other six pins in the core.

Now pick to the right. It will stop at about 20 degrees, after which you can remove the core. The tip will then just push through to remove from the core.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

try to put a little pressure on the control sleeve portion of the lock while you pick it, I can do it with a tension wrench I made, or use the Peterson tools. Also, if you know where to drill, you can drill a small hole in the side of the lock, put pressure on the control mechanism, and pick it out. I have only done this with BEST locks, and my success rate is pretty high.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Kid: The Yale core has no control sleeve. It is retained by a cam at the rear of the core, that pivots when the seventh pin is raised to the appropriate height, and the plug is turned.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm

i have cut the tip of a key off and that worked. have done this to several locks
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 am

thanks for the help every one i got it out finally. i ended up cutting it out of the housing the cam was stuck so it had to b done

Return to HELP!!!!!