FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Tubular lock!

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Tubular lock!

Hey, well, I went against my every word when I found a super great deal on a Southord Tubular pick I bought it. I must say I don't regret it, it's a pretty darn well made tool. Anyways, I picked my first tubular lock with it, and it only took a little bit of practice, but I must not have tightened down the collar enough because on the second succesful try I picked the lock but I slipped up while closing it back and now the lock is half picked and I can't get it to go back to center!! Not that big of a deal as this was a junk hitch lock anyways, but has anybody had this happen and how did they fix it?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

whizdumb

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Tubular lock!

Stupid question time.... you wouldn't happen to have the key would you. If so.. just file down that nub on the key collar and place the key in the position it needs to be then re-set it back to the locked position. I know that you prob already would have done this... But, other than just straight picking it that's the only other viable option that I see.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:30 am

Yeah its happend to me and a few other members i know

Just pick it back to the correct position -it will take some practice but the lock will go back to the correct postion eventually, ive only had one tubular lock that wont go back.

Next time tighten the collor a little more so it doesn't slip
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 am

What I do when I pick the tubular cylinders is stop the rotation as soon as it starts (about 1/16 of a turn) and tighten down the collar of the pick before it relocks.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Ok, thats what I will do. I have very little experience with the tubulars, and none with the new pick, so kind of a trial and error.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Yup, that's how i learned with my tubular pick (the HPC Model-B) trial and error. I've picked some cheaper locks with it, and one that Kokomolock sent me, a Chicago Ace II lock. I've had the same thing happen, finally pick the bastard start turning it and the pick slips out. Just gotta put it back in and try to pick it again, i've found it does take more time when its half turned to get it picked than from the start. But it is possible. I find that Tubular picks are finicky temperamental little things.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:23 pm

I have been trying to pick it from the half picked position but still no luck! Next time I will pay more attention.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:17 am

I got it! It just takes lots of practice.
<<

uklockpicker

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 am

Ha ha nice one, told ya it takes practice ..... next time do what magican says ... as soon as its picked and you feel the rotation tighten the collar
Good on ya lockpickkid
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 am

I was having problems tightening it down enough for the fingers not to move, so I moistened the rubber ring then screwed it down and it was tighter. I still don't really know about this decoder thing, I don't really know how to decode with it, it's the kind that looks to be made on a flat steel key. I may have to buy a different style decoder to get more accurate with it. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 am

i like the decoders that look like lego blocks... they work great and are easy to use... but i dont have a tubular pick, i just decode the keys outright... but it whould decode the pick easily too
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"

Return to HELP!!!!!