FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Peterson Bogie 1, 2, or 3?

<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 am

Peterson Bogie 1, 2, or 3?

I'm looking at buying my first bogota style pick and would like to know which one you guys think is the best. I was already planning on getting a few Peterson picks. So I was hoping to get them all on the same order. But I don't know which one to get.

Any advice on Peterson's Bogie 1, 2, or 3 would be appreciated. Also please let me know if you think I'd be better off just getting a bogota style from elsewhere.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat May 02, 2015 11:13 am

Re: Peterson Bogie 1, 2, or 3?

Why not get the original - and best - Bogata picks made? Designed and made by our member, Rai.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sat May 02, 2015 11:21 am

+1 on the Original's :)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 02, 2015 11:31 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Why not get the original - and best - Bogata picks made? Designed and made by our member, Rai.

Gordon

Definitely not out of the question and I do like giving credit where credit is do. But a few things I was considering were;
1) Being my first bogota, I wanted something cheaper to practice with.
2) I'm a lil impatient and wanted to get all the picks I wanted on one order.

Sooner or later I will be contacting Rai
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Barracuda559 wrote:1) Being my first bogota, I wanted something cheaper to practice with.
i

spend a little extra and get real ones now, when you buy cheap tools you buy them twice.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:17 pm

I'd love to buy a real Bogota, however I don't think Rai is currently making them. The Serepick Titatniums are alright and are definitely a more polished product than the Petersons. I carry the Serepick versions as part of my everyday carry. I also have the Petersons as part of my kit, I prefer the handles on them and use those if i have my entire kit on me.
<<

Barracuda559

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:27 pm

jimylongs wrote:I'd love to buy a real Bogota, however I don't think Rai is currently making them. The Serepick Titatniums are alright and are definitely a more polished product than the Petersons. I carry the Serepick versions as part of my everyday carry. I also have the Petersons as part of my kit, I prefer the handles on them and use those if i have my entire kit on me.

Thanks for the info. Which line do you use (classic, euro, or slender)? Also, which of three styles do use seem to use most often (1, 2, or 3)?
<<

Rickwales

Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:52 pm

I have the bogie 2, in the purple. I like it, but the finish is terrible. Sent it to Kerpeesh for a polishing.

Heres a vid of it in action. https://youtu.be/WlYRHj7ByAg

I would like a Rai bogota one day, after all he invented it.

rick,
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat May 02, 2015 9:05 pm

jimylongs wrote:I'd love to buy a real Bogota, however I don't think Rai is currently making them.

Yep, I was in touch with him just a couple weeks ago, unfortunately he's not currently making them so you'll need to source elsewhere.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Sat May 02, 2015 9:52 pm

MBI wrote:
jimylongs wrote:I'd love to buy a real Bogota, however I don't think Rai is currently making them.

Yep, I was in touch with him just a couple weeks ago, unfortunately he's not currently making them so you'll need to source elsewhere.

That's too bad, I wanted to order a new set from Rai to give as a special gift to someone. I havent heard much from him, so I hope he's doing well and cant wait till a time we can order some more from him. I've been trying to make some of my own with the bristles I got my hands on, but I'm just learning home brew pick making, so it's slow going.

Squelchtone
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Barracuda559 wrote:
jimylongs wrote:I'd love to buy a real Bogota, however I don't think Rai is currently making them. The Serepick Titatniums are alright and are definitely a more polished product than the Petersons. I carry the Serepick versions as part of my everyday carry. I also have the Petersons as part of my kit, I prefer the handles on them and use those if i have my entire kit on me.

Thanks for the info. Which line do you use (classic, euro, or slender)? Also, which of three styles do use seem to use most often (1, 2, or 3)?

Peterson has a version in 0.018" of an inch, I love these.
<<

pickmonger2

Post Sun May 03, 2015 10:55 am

Given that Rai is not able to supply these picks at this time what are some of the best alternatives.
<<

Deadlock

Post Sun May 03, 2015 12:33 pm

As you're in Ontario, Sparrows make a good version.

jimylongs mentioned Serepick. I believe they're the only manufacturer who rai actually has a deal with. Have a look:

http://www.serepick.com/products/index.html

I bought the SO Pagoda set just after they came out, and I don't recommend them. I didn't want to buy them, no, what I wanted was the Serepick set. Thing was, at the time, Serepick wouldn't ship abroad unless you were in the US Army, Navy or Diplomatic Service.

Long story short about the Pagoda set. They can be made to work, but you need TOK tension. The set doesn't have a TOK tension wrench.

You still won't be opening any Medecos with 'em though. And I'm a SouthOrd fan!

Return to HELP!!!!!