FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

7 LEVER SAFE LOCK

<<

capt midnite

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:47 am

7 LEVER SAFE LOCK

Hi I have a 7 lever SAFE lock that is given me great difficulty in picking , but I keep on dropping levers why would that be ,,EG , I have 4 levers set then when setting the next 1 or 2 will drop I know this with pin locks but not levers any advice to what im doing wrong cheers , I have picked a couple of 6 levers but this one is proving to be a , :wanker: ,,cheers and thanks ju
<<

safecracker33

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Re: 7 LEVER SAFE LOCK

What type of lock is it Ju?
It could be that the levers need picking in a different order, or sometimes with the design of levers you cannot lift a lever straight to a gate but have to nudge levers in turn to walk them up as the bolt stump gradually comes back. Another technique is to compress the lever pack by pulling back on the tensioner at the point where you are dropping levers.
<<

capt midnite

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 pm

safecracker33 wrote:What type of lock is it Ju?
It could be that the levers need picking in a different order, or sometimes with the design of levers you cannot lift a lever straight to a gate but have to nudge levers in turn to walk them up as the bolt stump gradually comes back. Another technique is to compress the lever pack by pulling back on the tensioner at the point where you are dropping levers.

Hi safecracker33 thanks for your reply its a BOXX gun safe , thanks for your advice ,as i have been messing about with it today as no work ,im learning to nudge lol, something to learn softly softly , what do you mean the levers need picking in a different order??, the pulling onthe tensioner makes sense so to keep them tight and grouped ,,
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:02 pm

Some of the cheap locks need very strong tension to open well.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:07 am

what do you mean the levers need picking in a different order??,,,

You need to learn what lockpicking is and why its possible. The aim is to find the first binding lever then the second binding lever and so on. This binding order is different for each lock.
If you are trying to pick your lock by setting lever 1 then setting lever 2 and so on then you're never going to open it.

Should we really be helping people open gun safes in public?
<<

capt midnite

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:11 am

Visitor wrote:
what do you mean the levers need picking in a different order??,,,

You need to learn what lockpicking is and why its possible. The aim is to find the first binding lever then the second binding lever and so on. This binding order is different for each lock.
If you are trying to pick your lock by setting lever 1 then setting lever 2 and so on then you're never going to open it.

Should we really be helping people open gun safes in public?

Thanks for your reply , its a 7 lever lock,, i know its a gun case which sounds scary , but im sure no thief would never try to pick this as its very hard work , any body of a criminal mind would smash the lock . i dont care what the case is used for ,{now nothing} i just love the art of picking and this is a great learning lock , i do not know of any other device that has these 7 levers ,,,
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:32 am

In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

capt midnite

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Thanks Martin , will check them out
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:12 pm

And there was also one from Yale. And the Walsall/Willlenhall CT12.

Attached photos from a 2802 and S2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Visitor

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:55 am

There are thousands of 7 lever locks out there, sure there's a common 2 or 3 models but there's loads however nearly all are easy to pick or decode if you have the right tools. I open gun cabinets in a few minutes.
<<

capt midnite

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 am

MartinHewitt wrote:And there was also one from Yale. And the Walsall/Willlenhall CT12.

Attached photos from a 2802 and S2.

Thanks Martin , all help needed
<<

capt midnite

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:55 am

Visitor wrote:There are thousands of 7 lever locks out there, sure there's a common 2 or 3 models but there's loads however nearly all are easy to pick or decode if you have the right tools. I open gun cabinets in a few minutes.

Im sure there is,, but this was given by a friend who has no use for it , so i took it as a challenge , its good to know you can open them in minutes thank you for all your positive advice ,,
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 am

Here are photos of CT12 internals: https://www.lasm.co.uk/2017/12/08/brief ... safe-lock/

And a Yale lock.

When levers fall down, just continue. Maybe change the order of setting the levers. In some locks the levers always fall down. It looks like there is no progress, but the progress just comes in tiny steps. Lifting, lifting, lifting and suddenly a lever stays in its gate. So be persistent! Vary tension. Some locks pick best with light tension, some with tension so strong the hand hurts. (But not so strong that the pick breaks!) When a lever binds, start with nudging it upwards in small steps. Otherwise the lever is easily overset.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

capt midnite

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:33 am

Im guessing this has false gates which is what is given me the fight , but will keep trying on your advice , tiny steps lifting lifting ,, thanks :agree:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:51 am

When you have picked it into the false gate, remember it and lift this lever the next time over the false gate.
Next

Return to Chubb Hi-Sec Lever Locks