FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A Short Patriotic Message I Recently Received...

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: A Short Patriotic Message I Recently Received...

Just passing by and wondering why the United States doesn't believe in the freedom of others but instead goes abroad and attacks various targets (like Iraq and Afghanistan) and then complaining of getting killed/attacked/bombed/shot. Sure, I'm all for bombing the whole middle east, but it isn't my yard so I can't and will not do that, because I would be the next target.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:46 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Just passing by and wondering why the United States doesn't believe in the freedom of others but instead goes abroad and attacks various targets (like Iraq and Afghanistan) and then complaining of getting killed/attacked/bombed/shot. Sure, I'm all for bombing the whole middle east, but it isn't my yard so I can't and will not do that, because I would be the next target.

Is this a serious question or are you just trolling to get a reaction? Because from the way this is worded it sounds like the latter.
<<

Deadlock

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Unfortunately I took too long to respond in this thread, and there's now a new subject ^ . Like everyone else, I've got other things to do.

Neilau wrote:Seems that tinsel and fireworks can produce a "firestorm of death".

http://govtslaves.info/500-gay-pride-youth-burned-alive-in-taiwan-as-biblical-scale-firestorm-spontaneously-ignites/

Only listing for the pyro perspective. I leave interpretation up to you.

Lets try this again. The kindest interpretation I can put on this "G*vt Sl*ves" site, is that it reminds me of the Harry Enfield catch phrase, "Fat bloke down the pub said so." For those who don't know Harry Enfield, he's an English comedian. You can understand that catch phrase as being information that comes from an unreliable source. "G*vt Sl*ves" is a site possibly aimed at those who want to live in a barbed wire compound with a cellar full of automatic weapons. The story it tells here is not original, but taken from another site called N*t*r*l N*ws, who made it up. What's with all the asterisks? I'm trying to avoid this being picked up by search engines, and giving them more exposure.

Let's get down to it. I gave one link in my last post, above. Here it is again:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-29/young-partygoer-dies-after-taiwan-water-park-explosion/6581844

Here's three more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/world/asia/taiwan-water-park-fire-and-explosion.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/28/us-taiwan-fire-idUSKBN0P70TC20150628

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-33300970

If you actually read these, you'll see there is no mention of it being a gay pride event. The event was staged by some outfit called Color Play Asia. The idea was to create something similar to the Hindu Festival of Colours.

Have you noticed what there is also no mention of? Magnesium. No powdered magnesium was used. As if. The powder used by Color Play Asia is made from corn starch and food colouring. Because I actually did read all the article, I know where this spurious idea came from. Read the article again carefully, and you'll see for yourself.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:56 pm

MBI wrote:
Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Just passing by and wondering why the United States doesn't believe in the freedom of others but instead goes abroad and attacks various targets (like Iraq and Afghanistan) and then complaining of getting killed/attacked/bombed/shot. Sure, I'm all for bombing the whole middle east, but it isn't my yard so I can't and will not do that, because I would be the next target.

Is this a serious question or are you just trolling to get a reaction? Because from the way this is worded it sounds like the latter.

Maybe it is worded such, but the question still stands and I have never gotten even one serious answer as to why USA attacks other countries and claims to advocate "freedom" in the process.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:
MBI wrote:

Maybe it is worded such, but the question still stands and I have never gotten even one serious answer as to why USA attacks other countries and claims to advocate "freedom" in the process.

No, the question doesn't still stand. You basically admitted to posting it as a troll. To get a reaction. To vent your political views in a way that doesn't promote intelligent discussion but merely tries to, proverbially, "stir the shit".

Responding to a troll merely invites further trolling. Someone who engages in trolling behavior has traditionally not been shown to be receptive to serious discussion on a topic. Try posting something as a serious and rational question next time and maybe you'll get a serious answer.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:09 pm

[quote="MBI] Try posting something as a serious and rational question next time and maybe you'll get a serious answer.[/quote]
Why does USA attack other countries and doesn't respect the freedom of others?
<<

Josephus

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:[quote="MBI] Try posting something as a serious and rational question next time and maybe you'll get a serious answer.[/quote]
Why does USA attack other countries and doesn't respect the freedom of others?[/quote][/quote]

To answer that question directly is to concede assertion of two incorrect points, which might be part of why people don't answer you:

1. The United States attacks other countries.

2. The United States does not respect the freedom of others.

Does the United States attack other countries? Of course it doesn't. It attacks organizations. Note when a military action is taken, when the target organization is changed or removed the military action ceases.

Does the United states not respect the freedom of others? Define the freedoms. Define how you can know what lies in the hearts of men. And again with the country angle. The United States is a country, not a person. It does not act nor behave like a person just as every other country does not. Countries should not be treated nor viewed like human beings. To assume anything about any country's people based on the actions of the country is a fallacy of decomposition. So what are you really trying to say with the second point? How are your freedoms being reduced?

US leadership approval in Finland has been in lock step with the American people's view for years. Finland has been making moves to join NATO, which would lead to certain expectations to defend the western world, doing exactly as the US has been doing since before Finland was fighting side by side with the Third Reich. So if anything has changed, it is a global movement amongst many governments including your own. There is no need to blame the US for that.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:44 am

Honestly and to the point, I'm really not concerned with all of the particulars of the crap from that link in this quasi-diversion from the original topic. I was just going by what was in the original article and what the guy said. Maybe he is a schmuck or motherfucker... I don't know for sure and honestly, don't really care and have no intention of going back to his site anyway as he did seem to be at least a bit of the twat over-all. I certainly don't care if it was a gay-pride thing or not either, honestly, that is irrelevant really. The real take-away of the article IMHO is the dangers of the dispersal in air of finely divided materials.

And even if it wasn't Mg and "just" corn starch, it is still a finely divided powder dispersed in air! Which is amazingly fucking STUPID for all the reasons mentioned in my last post (and yours) where I went into a bit of detail about finely dispersed powders dispersed in air and their fun uses and potential for disastrous results. Why ANYONE would do something like that at this point in time given the very well established history of finely divided powders in air causing explosions the world round for quite literally at minimum over 1,000 years and likely much longer. The people who came up with and executed that bonehead idea should be strung-up by their genitals and hung out on some rocky beach to get the Prometheus treatment sans the regeneration. Just sayin' ya know?

Take it easy peeps

-Elbow

Deadlock wrote:Unfortunately I took too long to respond in this thread, and there's now a new subject ^ . Like everyone else, I've got other things to do.

Neilau wrote:Seems that tinsel and fireworks can produce a "firestorm of death".

http://govtslaves.info/500-gay-pride-youth-burned-alive-in-taiwan-as-biblical-scale-firestorm-spontaneously-ignites/

Lets try this again. The kindest interpretation I can put on this "G*vt Sl*ves" site, is that it reminds me of the Harry Enfield catch phrase, "Fat bloke down the pub said so." For those who don't know Harry Enfield, he's an English comedian. You can understand that catch phrase as being information that comes from an unreliable source. "G*vt Sl*ves" is a site possibly aimed at those who want to live in a barbed wire compound with a cellar full of automatic weapons. The story it tells here is not original, but taken from another site called N*t*r*l N*ws, who made it up. What's with all the asterisks? I'm trying to avoid this being picked up by search engines, and giving them more exposure.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-29/young-partygoer-dies-after-taiwan-water-park-explosion/6581844

Here's three more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/28/world/asia/taiwan-water-park-fire-and-explosion.html

If you actually read these, you'll see there is no mention of it being a gay pride event. The event was staged by some outfit called Color Play Asia. The idea was to create something similar to the Hindu Festival of Colours.

Have you noticed what there is also no mention of? Magnesium. No powdered magnesium was used. As if. The powder used by Color Play Asia is made from corn starch and food colouring. Because I actually did read all the article, I know where this spurious idea came from. Read the article again carefully, and you'll see for yourself.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:07 am

Yes, the US does attack other countries sometimes. This is normally in accordance with the action of NATO or the UN. A government of another country yes, is an organization, typically a corporation, just as our government is (now anyway.) But, to militarily attack the government of a foreign nation, one must attack the country wherein it lies. Let's not play semantic games to pussy-foot around it. It is what it is, and it is done with international support and more importantly cooperation.

However, "The United States does not respect the freedom of others." is patently absurd. The US goes out of its way to protect the freedoms and well being of others in many many different forms.

Of course Finland wants to join NATO, for the same reason they grudgingly joined the EU. Protection from Russia. They are quite rightfully more than concerned about Russia's aggression and have been for a very long time. Hell, that would be why they joined up with the Germans. Russia was VERY scary back then. Honestly, if we go by the numbers, Stalin made Hitler look like a fucking loving puppy dog on quaaludes! He certainly has a MUCH higher body count by more than an order of magnitude no less! The victors write the history books eh... Stalin should be derided and hated far worse than Hitler for all he did, and fuck man, he did it to his own people and within those many from within the very groups that Hitler exterminated regularly as well. But yeah, it might just make sense due to their proximity to Russia that they might have wanted to find anyone who wasn't Russia, was relatively nearby and was strong to ally with. It feels very weird to be describing Hitler as the lesser of two evils, but if you look at the numbers, damn... he was by a mile if a light-year! Sadly, it is all rather disturbing what both of those men, if I should even call them such. At least they weren't as bad as Chairman Mao Zedong right? YIKES! That woulda been totally fucked! I don't think Europe or Russia would have survived THAT. Actually, I don't even know they have the numbers to do so, even now.

Josephus wrote:
Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:[quote="MBI] Try posting something as a serious and rational question next time and maybe you'll get a serious answer.[/quote]
Why does USA attack other countries and doesn't respect the freedom of others?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

To answer that question directly is to concede assertion of two incorrect points, which might be part of why people don't answer you:

1. The United States attacks other countries.

2. The United States does not respect the freedom of others.

Does the United States attack other countries? Of course it doesn't. It attacks organizations. Note when a military action is taken, when the target organization is changed or removed the military action ceases.

Does the United states not respect the freedom of others? Define the freedoms. Define how you can know what lies in the hearts of men. And again with the country angle. The United States is a country, not a person. It does not act nor behave like a person just as every other country does not. Countries should not be treated nor viewed like human beings. To assume anything about any country's people based on the actions of the country is a fallacy of decomposition. So what are you really trying to say with the second point? How are your freedoms being reduced?

US leadership approval in Finland has been in lock step with the American people's view for years. Finland has been making moves to join NATO, which would lead to certain expectations to defend the western world, doing exactly as the US has been doing since before Finland was fighting side by side with the Third Reich. So if anything has changed, it is a global movement amongst many governments including your own. There is no need to blame the US for that.[/quote]

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:59 am

Funny that I said no words of NATO or Finland, yet you guys pull it in. Nope, the question was only about the actions of the USA, which elbowmacaroni correctly noticed *has* to attack other countries in order to attack an "organisation" like another government.

I'm still not seeing *why* it has to attack another country. By attacking other country means they do not respect the freedom of that other country to exist as such and for the people to believe in things they want to believe.

Which then comes back to my "trolling", a.k.a. asking/saying multiple logically connected things in one go: How come serving in the USA military actions is usually viewed as "protecting our freedom" (usually refers to the USA's freedom), when the attacks to another country have no affect on the reedom of USA (they are not beng attacked)? And why do people complain that they or their friends are getting killed by the natives or rebel groups in that other country, when they didn't have to go there in the first place? It's like if I came to USA, tried to make then do as I say and then complain that I'm being shot at while I'm trying to protect freedom.
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:27 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:Honestly and to the point, I'm really not concerned with all of the particulars of the crap from that link in this quasi-diversion from the original topic. I was just going by what was in the original article and what the guy said. Maybe he is a schmuck or motherfucker... I don't know for sure and honestly, don't really care and have no intention of going back to his site anyway as he did seem to be at least a bit of the twat over-all. I certainly don't care if it was a gay-pride thing or not either, honestly, that is irrelevant really. The real take-away of the article IMHO is the dangers of the dispersal in air of finely divided materials.

And even if it wasn't Mg and "just" corn starch, it is still a finely divided powder dispersed in air! Which is amazingly fucking STUPID for all the reasons mentioned in my last post (and yours) where I went into a bit of detail about finely dispersed powders dispersed in air and their fun uses and potential for disastrous results. Why ANYONE would do something like that at this point in time given the very well established history of finely divided powders in air causing explosions the world round for quite literally at minimum over 1,000 years and likely much longer. The people who came up with and executed that bonehead idea should be strung-up by their genitals and hung out on some rocky beach to get the Prometheus treatment sans the regeneration. Just sayin' ya know?

Take it easy peeps

-Elbow

Deadlock wrote:Unfortunately I took too long to respond in this thread, and there's now a new subject ^ . Like everyone else, I've got other things to do.

Here's three more:

Heya EM,

In the last 3-4 years in BC we've had two sawmills explode due to too much sawdust particulate in the air. Here's a link to an in-depth news story looking into the causes of the explosions:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1610644/16x9-the-story-behind-the-deadly-b-c-sawmill-explosions/

Take home message is that excessive dust in the air can easily explode, and with deadly consequences.

Sean
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:56 am

Exactly!

VancouverSpecial71 wrote:

Heya EM,

In the last 3-4 years in BC we've had two sawmills explode due to too much sawdust particulate in the air. Here's a link to an in-depth news story looking into the causes of the explosions:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1610644/16x9-the-story-behind-the-deadly-b-c-sawmill-explosions/

Take home message is that excessive dust in the air can easily explode, and with deadly consequences.

Sean

<<

Radical Rob

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:54 pm

hipu wrote:I might have to go out and buy me some more firework...

AHHHHMEEERRRRRIHCAAAHHHHHHH

TOOK THE WORD OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!!!! Great minds think alike!!
+1 from me for creativity

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous

Return to Chubb Hi-Sec Lever Locks