FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My New Baofeng UV-5R

<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 pm

My New Baofeng UV-5R

I bought this on a whim but this subject has always intrigued me. So I guess this little fella will be my companion on the long walk through the world of Amateur Radio. I trust everyone here will help me on this journey and maybe someday when I'm licensed and the air is right we can meet up over the airwaves.

ETA:
I had no idea this forum existed and wish I could of joined in sooner. Can't think of a better group of guys to chat with.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: My New Baofeng UV-5R

I've been wanting to get my HAM license for many years. I've always had some excuse why I don't have the time but these UV-5R series of radios have gotten so cheap I'm going to have to break down and take the test here sometime soon.

I saw one place that had them for $25 SHIPPED! Price only stayed there for a day then went up to $29 and change, but even at that price, that's so cheap, how can you NOT get your HAM license? Never imagined the day you could get a 1W handheld HAM radio for less money than an FRS radio. Even less money that I've sometimes seen pairs of the cheap 49MHz kids radios that share frequencies with baby monitors (and a ton of other devices), and have a range of about 50 feet (if you're very lucky).
<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?
I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Re: My New Baofeng UV-5R

Go for it MBI, it's a lot of fun, plus you can help out in times of need if you so choose.

Return to CQ DX