FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking, Safe-cracking, Bypassing - Payday 2

<<

Violaetor

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

Picking, Safe-cracking, Bypassing - Payday 2

Can't get enough of it, everything I want in a game.

Stealth, high level cap, skill trees, and did I mention lockpicking, safe cracking, door bypass, drilling, c4?

And when it hits the fan, tons of guns and weapon mods to boot.
Looking to get something made? Send me a PM!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am

Re: Picking, Safe-cracking, Bypassing - Payday 2

I keep passing by this game on Steam. Looks like Left 4 Dead with a different theme. Have you seen the new Thief game coming out in 2014?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:28 am

violator, got a link I can see?

OK im lazy, I can google it
<<

mseifert

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 am

Sounds interesting .. I may have to check it out..
When I finally leave this world.. Will someone please tell my wife what I have REALLY spent on locks ...
<<

Violaetor

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 am

xeo wrote:I keep passing by this game on Steam. Looks like Left 4 Dead with a different theme. Have you seen the new Thief game coming out in 2014?

It is similar to L4D, but that is all about hysteria, payday is very methodical and the various skill sets make it significantly better. If you like the run and gun this game isn't necessarily for you (although you can play it that way if you want with full body armor), but if you can find enjoyment in outwitting dynamic AI and playing cat and mouse this game is unbelievable. Plus you can cook meth, sell it to the columbians, gun them down, steal it back, "resell" it to the end buyer but then really just steal all their cash instead too.
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:16 am

I played the last one for quite awhile. It is just a co-op objective based manshoot. Pretty good, but not at all cerebral. How is the second one in that department? You say it is fun outsmarting AI. Is it in tactics or strategy? Winning through tactics seems more satisfying in shooters. None of my friends play it so I would have to work with pubs or alone, which can be fun as long as the game isn't particularly hard.

As for the next thief game... well I have little hope for it with QTE, contextual jumping, contextual rope arrows, no woodsie lord, pagans, magic of any kind, and most importantly no Stephen Russell. There is an alternative. You have heard of The Dark Mod right? It has been a community endeavor for many years, is free, and is quite good with plenty to do. Have an explanatory video for your viewing pleasure.
<<

Violaetor

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 am

I have not played the first one, but from what I have seen and heard it was an overhaul, really pulling away from the L4D style that was associated with it. Hard to quantify it with words, but there is a demo.

Return to Gamers Only