FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New Skill: Emailing Photos

Moderator: elbowmacaroni

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 am

New Skill: Emailing Photos

So, in my continuing effort to master my new Android phone, I have learned to take a photo and email it from the phone. Here's a photo of my tubular lock picks. I liked it so much I made it my curent computer background picture. HEHEHE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:22 am

Re: New Skill: Emailing Photos

You're not alone in the learning curve of technology, lol. I have a lot of trouble too.
I love what computers can do FOR me.... I hate what they sometimes do TO me! lol

Nice picks.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

escher7

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 am

In the interest of improving my photo skill I looked for a light box. It is basically a small box made of white material and when you light it from the outside everything becomes a soft white background, (and provided you use a "daylight" bulb you won't get that yellow that you normally get without a flash). Of course prices on American sites were nuts so I went to Dhgate, a Chinese source. I found a neat little (17") folding box with prices varying from over $100 to $11. These sites are really just fronts for bunches of different vendors so you have to look for the lowest price.
I got exactly what I wanted with several different colour backgrounds for $11 delivered.
It should work with either a tablet, an IPhone or regular camera. My problem with tablets (and I assume smartphones), is that unless the lighting is perfect you don't get the best pictures. Cameras aren't much better unless you use flash, but then you get the reflection problem - hence the need for a light box.
It is true that taking tablet or smartphone pictures is easier when emailing or uploading to a website, but when I attach my camera to the laptop, it is just like another disk drive and very easy to cut and paste the photos wherever you want.
Of course I am probably just jealous I don't have an IPhone.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 am

Cool Escher!
Do you still have the link to the box you've bought?
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:14 am

I hear ya there Oldfast! I swear sometimes computers are out to get me... okay, not literally, but man... when they go to hell, they GO TO HELL, Don't pass go, nor do they collect $200.

Oldfast wrote:You're not alone in the learning curve of technology, lol. I have a lot of trouble too.
I love what computers can do FOR me.... I hate what they sometimes do TO me! lol

Nice picks.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 am

Actually, it is best to get one of the three-sided light boxes and light the inside surface 1-2 stops brighter than the subject. Just FYI.

escher7 wrote:In the interest of improving my photo skill I looked for a light box. It is basically a small box made of white material and when you light it from the outside everything becomes a soft white background, (and provided you use a "daylight" bulb you won't get that yellow that you normally get without a flash). Of course prices on American sites were nuts so I went to Dhgate, a Chinese source. I found a neat little (17") folding box with prices varying from over $100 to $11. These sites are really just fronts for bunches of different vendors so you have to look for the lowest price.
I got exactly what I wanted with several different colour backgrounds for $11 delivered.
It should work with either a tablet, an IPhone or regular camera. My problem with tablets (and I assume smartphones), is that unless the lighting is perfect you don't get the best pictures. Cameras aren't much better unless you use flash, but then you get the reflection problem - hence the need for a light box.
It is true that taking tablet or smartphone pictures is easier when emailing or uploading to a website, but when I attach my camera to the laptop, it is just like another disk drive and very easy to cut and paste the photos wherever you want.
Of course I am probably just jealous I don't have an IPhone.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

escher7

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

ARF-GEF wrote:Cool Escher!
Do you still have the link to the box you've bought?

Here is a page with one that is close. Look through the site and you will find one even cheaper:

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/light+boxes.html
<<

escher7

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 am

Elbow:

I see you are the resident pro regarding photography. I am sure you are correct, but I am looking at price as the main factor. Hard to beat $11. Also, these boxes can be rigged with interior lights as well by bouncing flash off the top for instance. I haven't received mine yet, but I am going to try a combination reflector/diffuser on my digital camera. If that doesn't work I am thinking of a cheap slave shooting upwards at an angle.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

I work in IT, most days this quote speaks to me:
"If I knew it would have turned out this way, I would have become a locksmith." - Albert Einstein
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

Magician, Before you get "caught up in the moment", remember there are laws against sending certain kinds of photos. Do not take pictures of yourself and send them to other members here! So far you have picked your practice subject(s) well. Do not get in trouble! :D I'm computer illiterate also, I feel your pain!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

escher7

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:09 pm

mastersmith wrote:Magician, Before you get "caught up in the moment", remember there are laws against sending certain kinds of photos. Do not take pictures of yourself and send them to other members here! So far you have picked your practice subject(s) well. Do not get in trouble! :D I'm computer illiterate also, I feel your pain!

Hey! You are talking to Magician, not Anthony Wiener.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 am

Here is a page with one that is close. Look through the site and you will find one even cheaper:
Nice! Thanks :)
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning

Return to Photography Tips, Tricks, Suggestions