FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mortise cut dimension chart ?

<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 am

Mortise cut dimension chart ?

Would anyone please have a link to where I can find a cut dimensions chart for typical 3 and five lever domestic door locks. I thought I would have a look at the 'Russian' self impressioning tool. I only have one 3 lever mortise lock and the levers appear to have about a 1.5mm pitch. Also interested in cutting tolerances. Thank you .....
<<

barbarian

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: Mortise cut dimension chart ?

Instacode has the depth and space info for some of these locks.

I know they have Yale info. I will dig around for a few different makers and send you some screen captures. Or you could install the program if you would rather.

**Edit** OK instacode has depth and space for about 150 different series of bit keys. I have a few screen captures, but I don't see "pm" under Magic1's profile.
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Thank you very much for the reply Sir. I will PM you.
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 am

@Barbarian

The attached photo may better explain where I am coming from ..... Here I have assumed that there may be six cuts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 am

In the lock the pins take on the following form ...... (it says here !) .....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:08 am

The output from instacode looks like a draftsman's diagram of the measurements used to cut keys.

I believe it is exactly what you want. All I need is a way to get it to you. :smile:

ERA1.jpg
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks a lot !. The seven cuts threw me a bit, I am going to have to think about that . As always I have a lot to learn. Just as a matter of interest I have made up another 6 pin pack, that is a good fit on the number 27 key. I am out of 16 SWG piano wire, so I used POP rivet shafts.
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 am

Still have to drill and tap hole for pin compression spring and screw. Will adjust pin length afterwards.

Return to Awol's Research & Development