FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Re: high security foil impressioning

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Re: Re: high security foil impressioning

I think ill stop by a locksmith shop and see if they have an HPC 1200CM which i believe would easily make these keys with the porper spacing... and I think the idea of removing the sholder is great...

you could try and get 6 pin blanks for 5 pin locks.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Sir, I would not want to lead you into any expenditure over this, I am just wondering .... . All the superlatives in the world will not make any process more successful and I am wondering how successful foil impressioning really is. For example I have never had contact with anyone who has actually tried it. I have tried it, seen some problems and seek to over come them. I am smiling to myself because in a million years, I never thought that Hookes Law of elasticity would ever come in handy Hi!. For this method it is basically a compromise between the elasticity of the comb and the material covering it, or in my mind the malleability. I was just wondering if I really understood the meaning of the latter term.

Strange ... I had never considered whether Y2 could be 5 or 6 or 7 pin.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 23, 2010 4:32 pm

I wasn't gonna buy his machine, I was gonna ask 2 use it
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun May 23, 2010 8:35 pm

Magic1 wrote:Sir, I would not want to lead you into any expenditure over this, I am just wondering .... . All the superlatives in the world will not make any process more successful and I am wondering how successful foil impressioning really is. For example I have never had contact with anyone who has actually tried it. I have tried it, seen some problems and seek to over come them. I am smiling to myself because in a million years, I never thought that Hookes Law of elasticity would ever come in handy Hi!. For this method it is basically a compromise between the elasticity of the comb and the material covering it, or in my mind the malleability. I was just wondering if I really understood the meaning of the latter term.

Strange ... I had never considered whether Y2 could be 5 or 6 or 7 pin.

Don't forget to account for Finagle's Law of Dynamic Negatives! :mrgreen:

BTW, I've read from people whom which I tend to believe, that they have used the technique with reasonable success. But it's been a while, so my poor sad memory fails me as to who they were!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 am

When I get today's chores done, I want to try cutting from the nose to the shoulder and then move the shoulder to give me the correct shoulder to pin spacing. It will not solve all of the problems because I still have to find a thicker slitting saw.
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

Top key 4, bottom key 5. Key four slides in and out smoothly. Tried it with some foil but all impressions are the same depth and I suspected it was because the slots were not wide enough.

Key 5. Wider slots. The first pin traps in the first slot. Had to dis-assemble lock to get the key out. Profiled teeth but the same thing happened again. Next tried it with foil, impressions formed very slowly and then a pin trapped out and had to dis-mantle lock to get the key out again.

I think the omens are right for a pilgrimage to the pub and generous libations to the gods !. (small g deliberate).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rickthepick

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 26, 2010 6:13 am

what are the falle combs made of how would they traverse a tight keyway?

im liking your idea using the machined keys it looks as though it could work.

any results yet?
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 28, 2010 12:27 pm

One source stated that the Falle combs were made from 0.4 mm stainless steel, "designed for specific profiles". If you look at my avatar, a flat blade blade comb would not be able to traverse the key way, I think each comb must be stamped to fit a specific key way and there probably needs to be a lot of different combs. I think pin spacing is a secondary consideration, because three different pin spacings would cover a large range of locks, ie 0.156, 0.150 and 0.170.

I cut those comb keys on a clunker of a lathe, with about an eight of an inch play in all directions !. I felt that I needed to get some accurately machine cut and to that end contacted a locksmith company, who said that they intend to produce their own, in the near future, so I can either wait until it happens ... or get me a second hand key cutting machine, if one becomes available. It really needs a code cutting machine in order to cut the masters for each key way, which can then be used to make duplicates. A comb key cut for a specific make of lock, is going to be different from all others not only in the key way, but also distance from shoulder for first cut, center to center spacing, deepest cut etc.. Of course, once one has made the masters, you have your own personal goldmine ... until someone else comes along and copies them :D
Previous

Return to Awol's Research & Development