FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Supposed to open Mosler 586A Safe Deposit Lock Tuesday

<<

locksmith0911

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Supposed to open Mosler 586A Safe Deposit Lock Tuesday

Anyone had a hand on one of these?? Told them i'd be back Tuesday morning, i took apart one of the locks to find the tumblers are a one piece construction for guard key and box key.Any help would be great, what i have heard so far is that i may need a puller.(Which i do not have),If you know or have found a different way please let me know...Thanks Locksmith0911
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

socaldevin

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Re: Supposed to open Mosler 586A Safe Deposit Lock Tuesday

You can use a slide hammer to pull the renters key side . Since you have access to the guard key all you need to do then is pick to open.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:44 pm

:soldier: on buddy what did we learn on this today ! any update
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Looks like the Mosler 5700 series, but it's hard to say for sure from just a picture. MBA USA has a tool to help you retract the bolt, after you pull the renter nose, which can, according to their catalog be re-staked after opening the door. The tool is surprisingly inexpensive at $95 and is item #MB25. You will still need to pull the nose in order to use the tool, and they have a nose puller for $107, part #HPC-NP-4B, You can contact them at (888)622-5495

In the past when I have opened the 5700 series I have never had much luck with my puller and I have used my dremel-type tool to carefully cut around the renter nose, in order to extract it. Kind of a dangerous thing to do as you cannot afford to mar the door.
The last time I opened one I'm afraid I wound up getting mad at it, and took a big long punch and just bashed it off the door, through the empty renter's hole. It was not my most professional moment, but the lock was going to be replaced anyway, and the bank didn't care, they just wanted it open. Many things in the locksmith business I was forced to learn myself, on the fly, so some of my methods are a bit unorthodox. The banks I have worked for have never complained as I tried to keep my prices in line with my competition, but I'm pretty sure they often wondered if I had any idea what I was doing and at times I have wondered myself.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks