FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LaGard 3332 Manipulation idea

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: LaGard 3332 Manipulation idea

I think the tomahawk patent is https://www.google.com/patents/US4756176 and its official name is "fence lever control device".

Martin Hewitt
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Oh shit, Jared's tackling the tomahawk!!! :axeem:

Outta my league. But I'm intrigued and will be following along.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Haha I gotta get me another one of these locks first. I have sound equipment now for it to try out some ideas. My skills have greatly declined though, unfortunately. But I'm getting back into it, I'm trying to break into the physical pen testing field so hopefully when I get some cash I can do more work on this!
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Daggers wrote:
Oldfast wrote:Oh shit, Jared's tackling the tomahawk!!! :axeem:

Outta my league. But I'm intrigued and will be following along.

Haha I gotta get me another one of these locks first. I have sound equipment now for it to try out some ideas. My skills have greatly declined though, unfortunately. But I'm getting back into it, I'm trying to break into the physical pen testing field so hopefully when I get some cash I can do more work on this!

Well, it is very nice to see you back at it again my friend.
I also wish you all the best in getting into that type of work.
Wouldn't that be fantastic?! Doing something you have such
a passion for anyway. Work hard and make it happen I hope.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm sure in time I'll be able to put more effort into my passions. Starting out's always the hardest.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:12 am

La Gard 3390, CAWI 7800 and M-Locks ML6740 all have FLCDs. The 7800 and ML6740 are really the same lock. The ML6740 are the cheapest of these here. I suspect that after patent expiration the FLCD got wide acceptance because it is just two or three parts more and voila there is a 2M lock.

Martin Hewitt

PS: At least one of these locks has a plastic lever. That will probably influence the sound.

PPS: The wheel axis on the 3390 looks to me like that of the SG 6730. The 7800 and the ML6740 have a square axis which is just plugged in. They have no relocker. Maybe due to the different design punching out the cam is not possible?

It is interesting how different the UL (2, 2M, 1, 1R) and EN (A, B, C, D) standards categorize the lock's security. The 3390 is EN grade A because of its large gate size, but it is UL 2M because of its manipulation resistance. The SG 8550 is UL 1 because of its very high manipulation resistance, but it is just EN grade B because it does not have true 1 million combinations as required for EN grade C. The SG 6643 is UL 2 because it is probably not 2 hours manipulation resistant, but EN grade C because it has over 1 million possible combinations and is apparently at least 1.5 hours manipulation resistant. It looks like UL is more concerned with undetected entry than with brute force entry and that EN doesn't distinguish there. The EN is mostly for the insurance companies. It doesn't matter for them how things are stolen.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Photos from the M-Locks ML6740 with the Fence Lever Control Device: http://wiki.koksa.org/M-Locks_ML6740
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks