FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need all the info I can get on these two Mosler's ???

<<

locksmith0911

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Need all the info I can get on these two Mosler's ???

The first is 5' or so tall and wide, when you spin the dial it makes a noise as if it's at the drop in point no matter where on the dial you are...how will I ever hear or feel what I need to??? The second much smaller is in an old bank the county has took over and just want to use to put paper in... No one has any idea of either of the combo's ... Any and all info will be much appreciated ...Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Need all the info I can get on these two Mosler's ???

The description of the first one makes it seem like an MR 302-402. The noise might be coming from the shutter drive thingy. I'm not too informed older locks as these seem to be, maybe someone else has more info.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:51 am

because of the handle and dial in the 1st safe photos i think the lock may be a Mosler B-6. 3 wheels with driver in front. RH mount. but.....it may not be. not sure of 2nd safe.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am

I would think the first step would be determining the type of fence. If you can't feel normal contact points, then it probably isn't a spring loaded fence. A friction fence would reveal a single contact point only when rotating counter-clockwise, and a direct entry fence would be evident by turning the handle while spinning the dial and feeling the wheel pack rotate under the fence, and likely would contain false gates that you could feel. There is also a gravity fence but I have no experience with those.

I should say that this is mostly book knowledge...I've only manipulated direct entry and spring loaded locks. I have access to a safe that I determined to have a friction fence, but haven't tried to manipulate it yet. However, I do know that determining the fence type will dictate the manipulation technique you use since they are all a bit different.

Additionally, there are probably other factors that might be an issue that I'm not aware of, but that's where I would start.

-Mike
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks