FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MBA USA's Advanced safe lock manipulation course

<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

MBA USA's Advanced safe lock manipulation course

I found a cool course on the manipulation of group 1 locks + extra here: http://www.mbausa.com/course_92.asp?e=1 that I plan on taking :drool: I looked at their course schedule and it said available upon request. I emailed them asking about it and the answer I got was that they needed at least 3 people to attend for them to hold the class. Everything they cover is

UL ratings for Mechanical Safe Locks
Advanced Dialing Techniques
The LaGard 3330 safe lock
Current S&G and LaGard Group 2M locks
Mosler Locks
Star round door safe locks
S&G 8400 locks
S&G 8500 locks
S&G 2937 locks
The LaGard 2200 and 2270
Early versions of the S&G 8077 padlock
Operation of the ITL 2000 Autodialer
Amplifiers, magnifiers, and other manipulation aids

It's pretty comprehensive! And a lot of information that I don't see how I could gain any other way. So, I was wondering if anyone else wanted to take the class with me? I would need at least 2 other people and I was planning for sometime this summer but we can all talk and work out a suitable time that works for everyone if there's enough interest. On the site and in the email they sent me, they stated that "The Advanced Safe Lock Manipulation class is not for just anyone though. You should not enroll unless you have some previous manipulation experience. That does not mean you need to be an expert, but you should already be comfortable with manipulating group 2 locks." And due to the increased interest in manipulation lately, there's a fair amount here now that can manipulate group 2's consistently.

Just to sum it all up: 3 day class (8 hours each day) covering group 1 combination locks, disc detainer safe locks, LaGard 3330, 2M locks, S&G padlocks, + some extra stuff for $1,200.

Anyone interested? :)
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: MBA USA's Advanced safe lock manipulation course

:drool: only if I could take this (I cant afford to go to Florida for 3 days)... I already have a LeGard 3330 :ugeek:
Last edited by Anarchy_won on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:48 pm

I believe it's in Kentucky actually. Or at least they're other classes seem to be. It seems like you go to their facility and they teach you there since flying out to the customers would take out too much out of their profits.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 pm

yeah, or might Cost extra to have them come to you. :(
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

That course looks amazing! Looking forward to hearing first hand reviews about the class. I probably won't be able to attend this summer but I'm putting it on my wish list :)

-Mike
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:29 pm

seems reasonable for me since i live in kentucky anyway, transportation wouldnt be a problem lol. Im still working my way through group 2 locks though.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:02 am

@Jowens90: Haha well there's not set schedule on when the class is so when you get the hang of group 2's and want to take the class, let me know :)
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Also bear in mind that all the participants will need to be in the trade for MBA to teach them ......
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks