FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Found another floor safe!

<<

Altashot

Post Mon May 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Found another floor safe!

Awesome CPT!!!
I knew you'd get it!

First I must say that I am impressed with your protective suit, Looks like HAZMAT.
Glad too know you used a vacuum as you drilled or this dust would have gotten airborne and deposited everywhere.
It looks like you were using a serious drill too. What is it, a 1/2" hammer Milwaukee?

So what if it took a few holes, It was your first and you got it! My first one had more than one hole too and
I still break bits from time to time.
Although you had prepared and put so much thoughts into it,
safe drilling isn't easy and you can never be prepared for every situations. Maybe the bolt WAS rust welded?
Maybe forcing past the gate with vise grip DID damage the cam and/or nose?. Maybe there wasn't any other way than punching the bolt?
Either way, I see this as a successful penetration. 3 holes is NOT swiss cheese. I know people that would have put 3 holes
just to FIND the relocker and still miss it...

Glad I could help and that my diagnostic as well as my instructions were bang on.
As with all other advice I give from afar, I am not responsible for what happens next, win or loose,
but for THIS success story, a celebratory drink will be enjoyed.

From afar,
CHEERS!!!.... :slainte:

M.
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 06, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Found another floor safe!

Hey Alta--man, your post really made me feel better about the whole ordeal. I was pretty bummed after the open because I felt like I could have done things a little differently and had a cleaner open. With manipulation, you can just change the combo and start over again if you screw it up. With drilling, you are forever changing the physical characteristics of a very expensive container. I would imagine that drilling large, expensive jewelry safes is very nerve-racking!

Altashot wrote:What is it, a 1/2" hammer Milwaukee?

1/2" hammer Rigid. Plenty of power. When the bit snagged and broke, I felt it!!

Altashot wrote:...but for THIS success story, a celebratory drink will be enjoyed...from afar

Indeed! Thank you again, sir!
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks