FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

DIY Dave's Safe Lock Display

<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:37 pm

DIY Dave's Safe Lock Display

Here's a safe lock display that I built this afternoon from acrylic and some basic hardware. I photographed the whole process, so when I get time I'll post instructions. It's far from perfect, but it works. The next ones I build, I'll take more time and use a drill press for more accurate drilling.

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: DIY Dave's Safe Lock Display

Wow this looks very cool!
I love how universal and "reusable" it is. And I love acrylic :)
Hope it's easy enough to make even fore me lol
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Quite nice, Dave. Like the adjustability. Think there may be issues without a frame to hold the acrylic plates perpendicular to each other and without any shifting.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:54 pm

Siiiiick work dave..I have some acrylic lying around that I now know what to do with thanks to you :slainte:
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:09 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Quite nice, Dave. Like the adjustability. Think there may be issues without a frame to hold the acrylic plates perpendicular to each other and without any shifting.

Gordon

With the bolts on each corner it's pretty solid. One problem I do have is that my holes at each corner aren't lined up quite perfect so it's slightly out of square and wobbles when it's on a flat surface
<<

flywheel

Post Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:44 pm

DIY Dave wrote:One problem I do have is that my holes at each corner aren't lined up quite perfect so it's slightly out of square and wobbles when it's on a flat surface

Remove the lock, secure the plates together with no space between using the bolts, and use a plane to shave off any unevenness on the bottom edge.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks