FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LaGard 3332 2M Frustration

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:47 am

Re: LaGard 3332 2M Frustration

So I've been 'lurking' around since the start of this thread, lol. Definitely some great brainstorming goin' on here.
Wish I had something to add, but I'm still in the group 2 realm at this point. So this is uncharted territory for me.

Great video & explanation CPT! Thank you for that. It's the closest I've been to one. Nice to see it in motion!
I'm sure your diligence will eventually pay off. And, you're paving the road for those of us that have not
yet taken the leap to the 2M's ;) I"m really hoping something happens for you here!! And if NOT.......

....I'd love to hear one of our resident pros chime in. I realize it's time consuming to try'n explain, but maybe a clue?
Something to AT LEAST point you in the general direction you need to start trudging in? Is an audio instrument
required here? Or as flywheel has mentioned... is there a need for a setup to amplify readings? Or will reading
in tenths suffice? I mean come on guys... lol... I'm sure you don't just drill 'em ALL?! :D ....or do you? :???: lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:11 am

asdkljflwjerkmascdlas.s.;swef;lkasd;ls;as asdfkmasdf;l ;ls;s;s Guys I'm losing it.

FUCK this is hard.

I don't have the mental energy left to get into a full explanation yet, nor am I certain I am on the right track, but when I aggressively snap the wheel pack up to the dial, I hear a distinct tonality shift when W2s gate is under the fence. When two gates are aligned, the click gets quieter. I'm doing all this with the naked ear right now. If someone walked in and witnessed this spectacle, they'd call the nut house to come get me. I'm sitting here in my boxers trying to hum the tone of each sound test out loud to reinforce any changes in my brain. A red eyed :twisted: wildman basically singing to his safe lock in the middle of the night--now that's fucking weird. It's all sound, no sight right now. I definitely hear a difference. I am ordering a lock amp and will remount this thing on a piece of steel. Or maybe I will smash it with a hammer. :smile: Anything is possible at this point.

I'll try to make video of what I am seeing.

Trevor

Ok I just made kind of a crappy video. I used the best camera in the house to film it, but I am not sure if the sound quality will go to shit when I upload it. Here are 10 sample numbers repeated twice. Let's see if I am crazy....which one is the gate? (FYI I am going to bed while this uploads so it might not be active for a while)

http://youtu.be/tXwAY7PKhP4
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:04 am

Nice game, I'll say 80!

There was a course offered to learn how to manipulate these locks IIRC. Was expensive like hell and there were absolutely no hints about its content on the brochure. And it was not in my country... Needless to say, I didn't took it.

Cheers :)
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:22 am

Okay great! We have a vote for 80. Not saying that's right or wrong. Any other takers?

Hint: The difference is most noticeable on the second spin...
<<

Libertyclicks

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:58 pm

I think it's 50. (maybe even 40, but I'll go with 50 for now)
This is pretty neat.
LC
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am

Very interesting. You might be on to something.

The most distinct difference I hear occurs is at 50.
Also different, but more of a subtle change is 40.
<<

flywheel

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Remember, this lock can only survive 2 hours of manipulation. Don't shoot the messenger!

Anyway, this topic has really whet my appetite for a 2M lock. :drool: At first I was daunted by the pictures showing the internal workings but now I want a big bite of the challenge. Choking risks aside...

I've been trying ebay and always wonder if I am bidding against others in this forum.
Good luck and GO Seahawks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:13 pm

W3 = 50.

Is this progress??? :)
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:51 pm

:spinning: Way to go CPT!!! Keep at it, and keep sharing!!

CPT1911 wrote:If someone walked in and witnessed this spectacle, they'd call the nut house to come get me. I'm sitting here in my boxers trying to hum the tone of each sound test out loud to reinforce any changes in my brain. A red eyed :twisted: wildman basically singing to his safe lock in the middle of the night--now that's fucking weird.
:rofl:
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:57 am

Ok, so next question....do any of those numbers sound really "clicky" or "high pitched"?

There is a second gate lurking, which to me, is even more distinct of a change than the one you guys found at 50...
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 am

flywheel wrote:I've been trying ebay and always wonder if I am bidding against others in this forum.
Good luck and GO Seahawks!

I won one at the end of last week. Should be here today!

Are you from Seattle too? You can borrow it if you'd like.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 am

It's a bit late but I thought 50 too! I think we're onto something here! :D
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm

CPT1911 wrote:Ok, so next question....do any of those numbers sound really "clicky" or "high pitched"?

There is a second gate lurking, which to me, is even more distinct of a change than the one you guys found at 50...

Yes, I noticed that - 30. At first I thought it just sounded higher pitched
simply because of the two that preceeded it (50 & 40) were more dull.
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:56 pm

WOW.....W2 = 30

So we really can't get too far ahead of ourselves here, but I still think we are on the right track.

I hesitate to speak like I have a clue what I am talking about, but it really seems like this one is going to be defeated with a well trained ear and possibly some audio equipment.

If you guys were able to detect the signatures of gates...with zero actual experience on the lock (mounted on a piece of WOOD by the way, not a steel door which would more efficiently transfer the sound)...in a crappy youtube video....well, there must be something there. At the same time, you were picking from 10 samples, not 40, which is a lot more information to store and compare in your brain.

I cursed my mother for making me play in a YOUTH orchestra as a kid (barf). I would highly recommend this activity for anyone NOT trying to get laid. But the experience may have taught me a few things, and gave me a better ear for this. I keep waiting for the real experts to show up and make fun of my stupid sound theory, but with amplification this might be doable....

On that note, THIS arrives tomorrow.... http://www.mbausa.com/item.asp?num=MB24 :cool:
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:15 pm

I won one at the end of last week. Should be here today!

Are you from Seattle too? You can borrow it if you'd like.

Thanks, but don't live in Seattle. I do have a bid for 3332 on ebay right now. We'll see how that goes.
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks