FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LaGard 3332 2M Frustration

<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:56 pm

Re: LaGard 3332 2M Frustration

As this thread stopped three years ago it is unlikely someone proceeded here. At least I didn't and I completely forgot about that here.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

madsamurai

Post Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:03 pm

mk5734 wrote:Yes, I'm pushing this fascinating thread back up to the top! It just doesn't seem to be finished. Does this audio technique work well for this this lock? If so, does it work reliably (different locks, different combinations)? Only one person found it to work, from what I read. Also, could this method be used for some Group 1 locks?

I've just recently got that lock mounted again, but haven't messed with it yet... I have been planning to revisit, but distracted by other projects. The biggest problem I remember with trying to use audio spectrum software on my tablet was the time delay between the actual sound and the display. I don't know if my ears are good enough I could just hear the difference, but that's currently the best I've got as to attack theories. I'll set it up sometime soon and see what I can come up with...
<<

PickerDon

Post Tue May 26, 2020 5:05 pm

I he a 3332 en route, so will share my experience here i think, if the OP doesnt mind
<<

PickerDon

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 pm

OK, I got my LaGard 3332.
playing around with it, wondering if anyone has gotten anywhere on this lock
<<

Oliv

Post Thu May 26, 2022 2:24 am

A question : have you ever seen such LG dial with 2 indexes ?

What is the purpose of the right one ?? :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 26, 2022 2:27 am

Never seen one, but ...

The normal and now only available locks are right handed locks. They do have the change index to the left. Once upon a time there were also left handed locks, where everything was mirrored. These do have the change index to the right. So this dial would be suitable for both versions.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

Oliv

Post Thu May 26, 2022 5:06 am

Thank you very much, Martin.
Not really userfriendly to change the combination if you have to guess which is the correct index.

Additionnal question : What could be a "right hand" purpose on a combination lock ? :?:
As the lock case can fit every footprint and locking position in the boltwork, I am not sure to understand how does it work.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 26, 2022 5:38 am

Even one separate change index confuses users.

Locks don't necessarily have to be installable in every direction. The most recent example is https://mbausa.com/s-g-group-2-vault-lo ... sion-bolt/ . The lever is pushed into the wheel pack by gravity alone. In a door where the bolt points to the right (when looking from outside of the safe through the door) the lock would never open. To get that lock to work properly the lever has to be on top, when the bolt points right. That is then a left handed lock. In this case the lock parts can be turned over to switch between left and right. In basically every other lock model left and right can't be converted.
<<

Oliv

Post Thu May 26, 2022 10:29 am

:slainte:

Thank you Martin.
For your answer but also for the rest of your opus here !
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks