FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ultimate gift wrap!! Pics!

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Re: Ultimate gift wrap!! Pics!

xeo wrote:You really should put a warning in the title so Oldfast doesn't break his jeans.

Too late! LOL
damage :reach:
is done

CPT1911 wrote:....I had to build it in the garage while she was visiting her mother. I had about 5 hours to do it.
Prolly take me a week+ to make something like that, lol. 5 hours?! You crafty fuck. It's gorgeous!!

CPT1911 wrote:....I really liked the looks of this S&G dial—it has a solid, heavy feel.
I agree... I love the looks of that dial.

CPT1911 wrote:....Merry Xmas everyone!
Indeed. And a very merry Christmas to you and JRoe
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

JRoe

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:58 pm

Ok, so I think I am long overdue in posting here. You guys all know my husband pretty well, CPT1911, but I have been (as he’s categorized) only a lurker here. Well, here’s my first post, about a successful open!! (My third, if we’re bragging, but my first TRUE open with witnesses and where I didn’t ask Trevor for TONS of clarification, ie. “is W3 24?” “no” “is it 46?” etc.) He was stone and gave me NO help!

About a week before Christmas, as I was walking by the tree, I noticed something new underneath…I big red safe. As I read the gift tag, I thought “Oh, fuck! Christmas homework” I didn’t want to look like a dumbo on Christmas Day with the whole family staring at me as the hours ticked by and they waited for me to finally open my present. I knew I needed to start a bit before the real day.

I started that night, 12/17. With the conversations that I had been having with Trevor at the time, it seemed that he had been having the most luck with trying AWR, instead of AWL (which was what I had tried before) so I decided to try his way.

I graphed AWR and saw a two big drops; one at 43ish and one at 90ish. I amplified and found that I had something concrete at 90 and again at 42.5. I thought I was far enough along to wait for the big day, so I put my graph away and ignored my deep down desire to peek inside…I knew if I got two numbers and only had to BF the last one that I would open it while he was at work one day and the surprise would be ruined!

Here's my graph and amplification:

Graph 1.JPG

(Right Contact Point)

graph 2.JPG

(Left Contact Point)

photo 2 graph.JPG

Christmas ended up not going exactly to plan…our 5 month old got a really bad case of brochialitis and ended up in the hospital for the entire holiday. She is fine and healthy now, but Trevor and I decided to do our Christmas together in the hospital room without the family, since I didn’t want to leave her.
And so the big moment came on Christmas Eve. I sat back down with the safe and my original graph (and a belly full of butterflies). I was desperate to know what was in there!!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

I started with what I thought was a SMART Guy move….I did some test combos looking for a low using both of the drops I had seen to see if I could get two wheels at once and really show Trevor what a manipulation badass I was…didn’t work. The test was completely inconclusive.

Here's what I tried: 90-42.5-42.5; 42.5-90-42.5; 42.5-42.5-90

So then I tried a traditional high low test using 90 as a suspected gate, and BAM! Wheel two was for reals 90!!

So now I went back to my drop at 42.5. I assumed 42.5 was wheel three and I was off to the brute force races. By the time I got to 15-42.5-90, I had decided I must have been wrong and was about to go back to the drawing board, but Trevor finally gave me some help in saying “keep going!” And so I suffered through until 22, and then I had that wonderful click when I spun it round….and I was in!!!

Here's the video: http://youtu.be/JxTb6wQ-oXI

Inside I found the most beautiful pair of shoes, that I would never have bought myself!

photo shoes.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 pm

What a present. You're lucky hubby didn't put another smaller safe inside.If he did that, I imagine he would have needed a first aid kit. Awesome work. Looking forward to my first safe crack. Glad to hear your daughter recovered ok. Stay safe.... Geddit... Nah. Not funny.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Fantastic job opening that gorgeous safe. It should be a keeper. As many can tell you, and as Trevor told you, trust your numbers until they prove out false.

Keep it up, and glad your daughter is better. :-)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:29 am

I am so jealous I don't know what to do with myself! I want a wrapping like that ! And... inside I want it to be.... more locks :D
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 am

Welcome to the forum! :) Sorry to hear about your daughter and congratulations on the safe crack ;)
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 am

Great job JRoe! Nice graph and opening. It's fun to see your manipulation was such an exciting experience.
Now change that combo or your daughter will steal your brand new shoes :mrgreen:

Cheers :)
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 am

Great job! Now time for a combination change haha :lol:
<<

Squelchtone

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 pm

husband him again!

also CPT1911, congrats on hot wife. :hbg:
<<

JRoe

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks, guys!! It was really fun! I think I'll have him reset the combo for me so I can try again....since he did reveal that he set several combos until he found one that he knew I could read, so now I need to do a harder one!
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:28 am

Ah man! I had THE BIGGEST shit-eatin' grin on my face through this whole thread. HahaaAAA!

Beautiful homemade safe, beautiful opnening, and beautiful child in the background of the pics :D

And that vid *shakes his head*... priceless. GREAT stuff guys! Thanks so much for sharing it.

Keep spinnin' JRoe!!!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

torontosafecracker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:21 pm

What an awesome story. Aside from your child being sick. Glad things worked out!!!
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks