FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock is indicating weirdly

<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Lock is indicating weirdly

The traditional method of manipulation is to go all wheels left first but I recently found that my s&g 6741 doesn't read left rotation first at all. 3rd wheel always reads first and always with right rotation. When I go back and do left rotation, it doesn't indicate! This is on every combination I set it too, not just the one time. Then the second wheel reads but only with left rotation. So basically, I have to dial the combination with a R L R and then convert when I'm done. Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? It used to read 3rd wheel first with left rotation all the time and then switched to only showing indications when I do right rotation. It would still read 2nd wheel right rotation until recently and now it only reads with left! I can't make any sense of this??
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Lock is indicating weirdly

Daggers,

I can't tell you why it happens. I can, however, tell you that you don't need to convert the numbers to Left or Right. You can dial the numbers in any way you want easily. Take a look: http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=7937&hilit=how+to+dial.

Hope it helps!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:25 pm

That isn't really weird at all. It happens from time to time. Sometimes when you turn the wheels one direction they lift upwards, and when turned the other direction they get pulled downwards away from the fence.. I'll bet if you take the back cover off the lock you'll be able to see what I mean. Look closely, it may be hard to see.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 am

Farmerfreak wrote:That isn't really weird at all. It happens from time to time. Sometimes when you turn the wheels one direction they lift upwards, and when turned the other direction they get pulled downwards away from the fence.. I'll bet if you take the back cover off the lock you'll be able to see what I mean. Look closely, it may be hard to see.

Wow, never thought of that!

Thanks for the info!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

LockManipulator

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:That isn't really weird at all. It happens from time to time. Sometimes when you turn the wheels one direction they lift upwards, and when turned the other direction they get pulled downwards away from the fence.. I'll bet if you take the back cover off the lock you'll be able to see what I mean. Look closely, it may be hard to see.

Thanks man, I never thought that would happen!
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 am

This finally happened to me!

I've been working on a new 6730 recently that CRATERED on wheel #3 AWL, then two combo changes ago, it started reading nonsense AWL but had great indications on #2 and #3 AWR. So unexpected!

I am starting to think that if you look at your AWL graph (or if you are free wheelin' it) and you get really weak indications where you feel like you are REACHING for a gate, abort and start spinning AWR. You might be shocked by what you find! :smile:

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks