FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Simplex pushbutton teardown!

<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Simplex pushbutton teardown!

Just got a Simplex LD472 pushbutton lock in exchange for some work I did for someone!

Before we tear it apart, here's the back: the red tumblers represent the "active" numbers, they can be entered in any order. (1358 8513 3185, etc)

Now, gut shots! :drool: Back removed:

More insides, the metal piece at the top of the pic engages the tumblers when you turn the handle

Here's a closer look at the tumblers. The tumbler closest to the camera on the left is in the correct position, meaning it's not used in the combo, whereas the third one back on the left will need to be pressed to line up:

Tumblers. Active (red) on right, and inactive (blue) on the left.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Simplex pushbutton teardown!

Any ideas how to hack this? Turning the handle as you push the buttons seems likely, but will require some skill, as those tumblers have false gates.
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:19 pm

I have been playing with simplex chambers, justs one' s with one row tho.I can takes one apart, and change to combo. if it has be been forgoten.

I also has a paper that has most possible combo's if you want it.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm completely unfamiliar... so it was neat to see the insides. Interesting.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:09 am

I’ve had a play with one of these. Different model -later one by the look of it.

You could determine the numbers by first pushing the C (clear) button then pressing 1 all the way in and while holding it in jiggle the handle. Press C and move to the next number and apply the same process etc.

Don’t forget to press C after pressing each new number.

When you have a code number you can feel quite a direct connection -- more so than if it is a non code number.

You can also try jiggling the handle while lightly touching the number being testing, not pushing it all the way in.

Like I said that was on a different model than the one shown ,it looked more modern but as far as I can remember the innards looked the same (or similar) -- a while ago.

Worth a try. The trick is to press C after testing each number.

Cheers.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 am

kind of simple pardon the pun...it as no protection around the spindle area for a bypass..rick did a post on this in the secure are on the forum !

this lock may not be the same as the a z type ?? or bypassed the same :ugeek: but the under door wire will work every time :D

I did buy the tool for the bypass and when I received it wish I had not as its a very simple tool...as for the hack why bother for a over priced

piece of junk...bin them all... a blocking element would have been easy to engineer to this type of lock so this bypass could not work did they introduce this ?? NO

FOR THE SAKE OF A FEW PENCE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Very cool info guys! Selim, I have that kind too, as well as a list of ALL possible combos. I'd like your list though, just to see how it matches.
Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXjvoK6lTV4
Neilau, I can see what you mean, I'll have to get my GF to change the combo and try and decipher it "in the dark" per se.
And Ringo, yeah, I'd pick a key or a good dial combo lock over one of these any day!
Glad you all liked it, I'll have to look for Rick's post in BPDE and see if I can pull it off in my own lock. (Unless it's destructive)
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:47 pm

I know of 2 ways to decode exactly this type of push button combo lock. They both involve exploiting the design of those crappy open/closed gates. If done right you can get the combo in literally seconds.

One of the attacks is an extension of what Neilau said above.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 pm

I have a simplet 7100 I would could do a teardown on if there is interest.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am

Anarchy_won wrote:I have a simplet 7100 I would could do a teardown on if there is interest.

There are always people who want to see teardowns! Even my teardowns get to occasional reader (those bored with late-night infomercials, I guess).

Personally, I'd love to see a breakdown of the 7100! :mrgreen:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks