FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Safe tolerances from youtube

<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:28 am

Safe tolerances from youtube

So this is obviously not pro level stuff, but it's some interesting anecdotes and some fun with safe lock.
Though it's aimed at total laypeople it's still enjoyable at the hobbyist level (at least where I currently am at :) )
It's also a good lesson on why tolerances count and why not to choose birth dates.

(Squelchtone if you read this: I can't post it on the open section of lp101, can I? Since it's safes and combination it would need to be posted in the advanced. I wasn't sure so if I don't get the green light I'll just post it in the closed section :) )
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

escher7

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Re: Safe tolerances from youtube

arfgef:

That's why I don't spend time on 101. Their silly rules about having to post a million comments in the baby section before getting entrance to the advanced area is just frustrating.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Awesome!

On todays usual safe locks the tolerances are about 1 to each side usuallt. But that techniqhe would be fabulous. I may write down a list of combinations for that and post it.

Thanks for sharing!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 pm

escher:
Well I really like lp 101 :)
I'm not making the rules and I don't want to criticize them. I didn't mean it as a criticism, just as an open question for mods to chime in. And I'm only not editing the part out because that would look as if sth much worse was there.

Their forum, their rules.
It's a fun little vid, I thought mostly newbies would profit from it, but I've just burned myself with posting another YT vid in the open (from the Mythbusters) and I want to avoid any confrontation with the mods there.
That's why I'm extra cautious.
So I'll wait a few days and if I don't get green light to post it in the open, I'll post it in restricted :)

The rules are the rules and you have to abide them in every community.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

escher7

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:02 pm

But you don't have to like them.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

You may not have to like them, but every place has rules. By following the rules, you become accepted into the community whose rules you abide.

By showing respect for the rules of the place, be it a forum, a workplace, or even someone's home, you show that you are worthy of the respect you show.

I use both this site and LP101 heavily. I try to abide by the rules associated with each site. Both sites share some users, and also each has its' own following of users who only frequent that site. I have learned a great deal from users in both places, and hope I can continue to contribute to both places, as both have a great deal to offer.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:34 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:You may not have to like them, but every place has rules. By following the rules, you become accepted into the community whose rules you abide.

By showing respect for the rules of the place, be it a forum, a workplace, or even someone's home, you show that you are worthy of the respect you show.

I use both this site and LP101 heavily. I try to abide by the rules associated with each site. Both sites share some users, and also each has its' own following of users who only frequent that site. I have learned a great deal from users in both places, and hope I can continue to contribute to both places, as both have a great deal to offer.

Gordon

+1000
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks