FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LC on manipulation tour: Collector Warehouse

<<

Snader

Post Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 am

Re: LC on manipulation tour: Collector Warehouse

nice pictures :-D
<<

torontosafecracker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:36 am

Great read, This is one of my larger clients, and I have since opened many of these safes and took lots of pictures

I can answer almost all of these questions, will take some time.

We should talk soon , it's quite funny working there.

He has other locations too, with more safes ...

small world.

Josh
<<

torontosafecracker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:43 am

Here's a fun fact, those brinks, two matching ones (without handles) will be featured on season 2 of 'never ever do this at home' or try this at home, whatever that show is, lol I met the guy who does the explosives and stuff and sold him the safe/

I won't tell you how they are doing it, but they are going to open them up on TV

Edit: It's more like 100+ safes, you really gotta dig around. He keeps saying it's like a submarine, and I keep wanting to abandon ship. :razz:
<<

Squelchtone

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:36 am

I'm reading that safe cracker book The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton right now, and I swear this shop was the inspiration for the store front where "the Ghost" has his store full of hoarded stuff and a bunch of safes.

Squelchtone
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:43 am

torontosafecracker wrote:Edit: It's more like 100+ safes, you really gotta dig around. He keeps saying it's like a submarine, and I keep wanting to abandon ship. :razz:

Wowza! O.O Got any old safe locks that's willing to be sold?
<<

torontosafecracker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:45 am

Squelchtone wrote:I'm reading that safe cracker book The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton right now, and I swear this shop was the inspiration for the store front where "the Ghost" has his store full of hoarded stuff and a bunch of safes.

Squelchtone

That sounds like an awesome read. As having worked in there a lot, I'll probably feel very connected to this book.
<<

torontosafecracker

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Libertyclicks wrote:
Oldfast wrote:So both graphs you showed, you parked 1&2 @ zero and ran 3?

Yes, both safes I tried just the third wheel (last wheel) to start.
I did one practice manip. to get back in the swing before going to this place. I found two gates just free spinning my practice S&G lock, but I was having trouble finding the "true centres". For example : I measure 67.5 and I see a rise. 70 there is a drop, so then I go back and measure 67 68 69 70 71 72. 68 through 71 are equally low in my eyes then it rises again. I call the centre 69.5 and start the next wheel. But after looking inside I see the gate isn't at 69.5, it would have to be at 71 or 72 to drop in. This was also a problem for me when I started but that was partly because of rotation conversion. I'm not sure why it's such an issue now, but I'm worried that would cause me problems "in the wild".

fgarci03 wrote:On the 2nd images the safe has a keyway. Is there a key for it? Or you'll have to pick it?

He doesn't have keys for these ones so I better brush up on my picking as well.

LC

Thank God, they key locks were not in use. Only the S&G 6730 was standing in the way on all of these safes, correction. One had the key locked, which happens to be a regular latch for a door. LOL, Also these are custom safes, built very crappily I might add, no HP, not even boltwork on most of them, just the bolt of the lock holding the safe shut.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks