FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unknown electronic deadbolt

<<

PhoneMan

I've gone and said something stupid, haven't I?

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Unknown electronic deadbolt

Since it's a combo lock, I figured it belongs here.

This:

What brand is this thing? looks pretty cheap. Missing the actual lock and bolt, but it works. Even figured out how to reset the combo.
If you enter the wrong # several times (like 3-4) it beeps loudly and locks out for several minutes. If you remove and re apply power, the lockout timer resets.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Re: Unknown electronic deadbolt

Cool have you tried hacking it?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Altashot

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 pm

The circuit, the gears and the motor, The reset button, the mounting holes, the lead from the keypad to the circuit, how it locks you out after too many wrong attempts...Except for the keypad, it looks a lot like the Powerbolt from Weiser.
I have never seen a powerbolt with that keypad but it might be an older one or maybe one that was never released in Canada???

Can you take a picture of the back of the thumb turn? I'd like to see what tail piece it uses.

Either way, I think Powerbolt parts will work with this. I may have the parts you are missing should you choose to rebuild it.

M.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Xeo, haven't tried hacking it yet. I know on keypads like this you can sometimes use a UV light to see the most pressed buttons from skin oil, but other than that, haven't tried much.

Altashot, it uses a standard flat tailpiece, the snap off tang kind. I can take a pic if you want. I think it was a standard rim cylinder and bolt, just haven't gotten one out of my parts box to see.
Very well could be an older model, as an image search on the web shows a different looking keypad with a near identical electronic housing.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 am

THIS COULD WORK !! :geek:

Power direct to the solenoid motor bypass...or a 9 volt battery !

As i see it the motor will drive the blocking element only... so the turn nob or handle can operate the spindle that connects to the lock in the door :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 pm

I think you would have to figure out which wires to the keypad connect to the solenoid motor, if any do directly connect. The circuit board appears to be on the inside of the lock, with the keypad on the outside. If the wires do directly connect the keypad and the motor, it should work.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

PhoneMan

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Gordon, you have the right idea, as the "innards" would be on the inside of the door, and if you can access that, then a hack isn't necessary as you're already in!
I don't think the keypad connects to the motor, but instead feeds into that chip which probably compares codes and then activates the relays.

The IC is an em78p156elpj-g from Elan, and is listed as an 8 bit microcontroller.

It might just be easier to pick the lock than it would to hack the keypad.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:09 pm

good point guys..but still seems plausible as the back of the control pannel where the wires enter from the key pad as a square cut out in the steel plate ! :shock:
<<

rzr800

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:20 am

that definately looks like a powerbolt.Not a very efficient design used up a lot of batt power. Schlage has a new design that uses a magnetic solenoid with a spring that lifts a pin up out of a cam instead of a brute force motor running to unlock and lock. Schlage way more efficient and batteries seem to last years instead of 6 months.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks