FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

fgarci03 is learning manipulation

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:00 pm

Re: fgarci03 is learning manipulation

Oldfast wrote:Filipe, I just received my first LeFebure so thought I'd just revisit your manipulations here... maybe gain some insights.
No idea when I'll have time to mount it, but I did take a peek inside. The wheel design looks quite similar to LaGards.
The drivecam is a camo green, and w3 is black while the other two are brass. Is yours similar? I'm expecting shadows =)

More so, I am curious about the brand/company itself actually. I can't seem to find all that much info on it.
I don't see many around here. Are these LeFebures quite prevalent there in your country like S&G's are here?
fgarci03 wrote:Mike, mine is exactly the same. Drive cam is camo green and one wheel is black. Initially i thought it was plsstic lol.
Yeah you better expect odd shapes, and I'm looking forward to see what ypu come up with those :mrgreen:
Nah, I got this from an americsn member of lp101. In Portugal these locks aren't that common as in the US. And a good part of them are direct entry..

Cool, thanks. Good to know yours looks the same inside. With that one black wheel, I wasn't sure if it had been replaced at some point.

So my googlin' skills suck ass... lol... but I did find that LeFebure no longer exists. Or at the least is now owned by a different company.

The LeFerbure company was started in 1892, but was acquired by Mosler in 1998. Mosler went bankrupt in '01, so was in turn acquired
by Diebold. Another site I came across mentions yet another company by the name of De La Rue plc of England. Stating they took over
LeFebure in 1992. Even if that's the case, it was only for a matter of about six years before Mosler took it in 1998... then Diebold in 01.

Honestly, I don't really give a shit... ha! But I guess that would explain why I'm not able to pull much up on the LeFebure company.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

escher7

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Just thinking about the process of manipulation gives me a headache. The guys who impress me are people like Jeff Sitar, who can do all the calculations in his head, and still open the big boys in record time.
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:16 am

Indeed! A bank vault (probably a 4-wheel lock) in a little over 5 minutes.... free-spinnin' nonetheless!
Sitar is no joke. He absolutely blows my mind! I like to watch that vid just for inspiration sometimes. lol

And although manipulation can (and maybe should sometimes) invovle calculations... I've been pleasantly
surprised to find I've been able to avoid it altogether without stifling my progress (so far anyway, lol).
I hate math with a passion (only because I suck at it) and will avoid it at all costs.

Manipulation, for the most part, deals with sight, feel, and memory.
And usually consists of keeping track of several things at any one time.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

escher7

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:21 pm

I guess maybe calculation is the wrong word. As you say, once you find those first contact points, keeping track of everything while you try to identify which disk it is and then going through the rest of the process hurts the brain. At least it hurts mine just thinking about it.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks