FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

fgarci03 is learning manipulation

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Re: fgarci03 is learning manipulation

fgarci03 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:I will say this though - I do think, EVENTUALLY, after spending enough time with odd shaped wheels...
I see no reason why they couldn't be defeated JUST as quickly as a lock with standard wheels (while free-spinnin').

I find it hard to be JUST as fast, because you can never know where the low areas are before spinning the dial, what will cost you an extra graph (or at least extra turns in free-spinning) to position the wheels the right way (unless you're lucky of course!).
That's true... fair enough... I'll figure an extra 1 minute and 36 seconds :mrgreen:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Oldfast wrote:
fgarci03 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:I will say this though - I do think, EVENTUALLY, after spending enough time with odd shaped wheels...
I see no reason why they couldn't be defeated JUST as quickly as a lock with standard wheels (while free-spinnin').

I find it hard to be JUST as fast, because you can never know where the low areas are before spinning the dial, what will cost you an extra graph (or at least extra turns in free-spinning) to position the wheels the right way (unless you're lucky of course!).
That's true... fair enough... I'll figure an extra 1 minute and 36 seconds :mrgreen:

Hey fgarci03 - think we should figure out a way to keep the fence from dropping very far into the gates, but far enough to find the gates, and send the lock (already mounted, of course) to Oldfast to manipulate? Sort of the safe lock version of my long pin trick for pin tumblers :twisted:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 01, 2013 4:37 am

GWiens2001 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:
fgarci03 wrote:

Hey fgarci03 - think we should figure out a way to keep the fence from dropping very far into the gates, but far enough to find the gates, and send the lock (already mounted, of course) to Oldfast to manipulate? Sort of the safe lock version of my long pin trick for pin tumblers :twisted:

Gordon

Yes! A drive cam with two sloped sides. It would be possible to manipulatie it. But wouldn't be possible to open it.
Then a spy camera on the dial so we could se Oldfast tearing his hair out and headbutting the wall! :slam: :crazy: :wah: :eyepop: :steam: :loony: :rant: :spinning:

Now I gotta split before he sees this :gosplit:

:mrgreen:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 01, 2013 5:41 am

fgarci03 wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:
fgarci03 wrote:

Gordon

Yes! A drive cam with two sloped sides. It would be possible to manipulatie it. But wouldn't be possible to open it.
Then a spy camera on the dial so we could se Oldfast tearing his hair out and headbutting the wall! :slam: :crazy: :wah: :eyepop: :steam: :loony: :rant: :spinning:

Now I gotta split before he sees this :gosplit:

:mrgreen:

:agree: I like it!!! And if he is free spinning, only looking at the left contact point, he won't notice how far apart the right contact point is compared to the left contact point. :twisted: :whip:

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed May 01, 2013 6:30 am

NOTE TO SELF: Never trade or buy from Felipe or Gordon. LOL!

Oldfast wrote:That's true... fair enough... I'll figure an extra 1 minute and 36 seconds :mrgreen:
I think we need another smiley... :footinmouth: lol
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 am

@Gordon: That's what I was thinking :mrgreen:

@Oldfast:

But I do believe you will come up with a way to open it with very little time more than just round wheels! :hbg:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 am

Pins for Oldfast's next lock:

Actually he already received a lock from me with 8 of those pins. Recognize them, Mike? Pick it yet? :-D

Gordon

Edit: added my own picture
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Oldfast wrote:I think we need another smiley... :footinmouth: lol

After what me and Gordon brainstormed, you should want a :footinass: instead! :mrgreen:
- GWiens2001
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

fgarci03 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:I think we need another smiley... :footinmouth: lol

After what me and Gordon brainstormed, you should want a :footinass: instead! :mrgreen:

No shit! LOL... although we do already have some smilies to choose from
that would be appropriate for what you guys are trying to do to me. HA!
Good times guys... good times. Ya always keep me laughing.

GWiens2001 wrote:....Actually he already received a lock from me with 8 of those pins. Recognize them, Mike? Pick it yet? :-D
I've not, but that locks really intrigues me. I LOVE surpises like that! Thanks again Gordon!
My entire lock room is all boxed up at the moment for my yearly move just down the road.
It's always a pain, but the upside is an entirlely re-organized lockroom. Not to mention I usually
take inventory and find some forgotten treasures along the way. Maybe I should post some pics of
my playroom if I ever get it put back together. Anyway, not alot of time lately for pickin' or spinnin' =(
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Oldfast wrote:My entire lock room is all boxed up at the moment for my yearly move just down the road.

Oldfast wrote:It's always a pain, but the upside is an entirlely re-organized lockroom.

Oldfast wrote:Maybe I should post some pics of my playroom if I ever get it put back together.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
You... have a lockroom?

I have a shelf! Which I'm always re-organizing so it looks like I have more locks than the day before!
And my picking sessions are at my desk. I used to pack up my college studying material everytime I had a picking session. Now, not even that. Only my picks on the desk! :mrgreen:
- GWiens2001
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun May 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Well, nothin' spectacular.... but it IS a room, and it IS entirely devoted to locks aside from a small area
near the window I left open for my girl's plants
). Even in the darkest depths of absolute obsession,
one must try to reserve at least a tiny bit of room for loved ones in my life. heheeee!
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Oldfast wrote:Well, nothin' spectacular.... but it IS a room, and it IS entirely devoted to locks aside from a small area
one must try to reserve at least a tiny bit of room for loved ones in my life. heheeee!

+1000000
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm

fgarci03 wrote:
Oldfast wrote:Well, nothin' spectacular.... but it IS a room, and it IS entirely devoted to locks aside from a small area

+1000000

x2

Gordon
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Filipe, I just received my first LeFebure so thought I'd just revisit your manipulations here... maybe gain some insights.
No idea when I'll have time to mount it, but I did take a peek inside. The wheel design looks quite similar to LaGards.
The drivecam is a camo green, and w3 is black while the other two are brass. Is yours similar? I'm expecting shadows =)

More so, I am curious about the brand/company itself actually. I can't seem to find all that much info on it.
I don't see many around here. Are these LeFebures quite prevalent there in your country like S&G's are here?
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Mike, mine is exactly the same. Drive cam is camo green and one wheel is black. Initially i thought it was plsstic lol.

Yeah you better expect odd shapes, and I'm looking forward to see what ypu come up with those :mrgreen:

Nah, I got this from an americsn member of lp101. In Portugal these locks aren't that common as in the US. And a good part of them are direct entry..
- GWiens2001
PreviousNext

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks