FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cheap masterlock

<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Cheap masterlock

(Thinking to self: "What I wouldn't give for the ability to post this as a Youtube video!"). I begin by finding the opening number. It's easier on some locks than others; And some are just not possible to distinguish from the false gates in the drive wheel. For this example, say you're able to distinguish the opening number (Pull up hard on the shackle: You can feel the friction caused by the tail of the locking dog rubbing in the false gates. The real opening gate gives no friction.) Let's call the opening number "X".

The rest is systematic dialing. Start by turning the dial a couple times to the right, stopping on 0. Turn left, pass 0 once, and stop on 3. Turn right to X and pull up on the shackle. Didn't open? Go back to the left, pass 3 and stop at 6. Go back to the right, stopping at X and try the shackle again. Continue this procedure, adding 3 to the second number, until you have gone all the way around the dial (there's no sense in using a second number that is less than 5 numbers less than your first number,because the second wheel will just move the first number off, due to the intererence of the drive "pins").

By doing this, you're systematically dialing 0 - 3 - X; 0 - 6 - X; 0 - 9 - X, etc. until you exhaust everything that can be dialed using 0 as the first number.
This is when you advance to 47 - 0 - X; 47 - 3 - X; etc.

This looks messy on paper, and, as I said, involves a learning curve. But with practice, your dialing becomes more efficient, and you can "whip through" dozens of combinations per minute. I average 5 to ten minutes per lock with this mehthod; and have never failed to open a lock, unless it was defective or malfunctioning. (I even made a couple thousand bucks doing this for a fitness center owner, decoding his locker locks last summer!).

Open and prosper!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

Excellent... thank you Magician. I will certainly give it a go. As you mentioned, I'd imagine there IS a bit of
a learning curve. But after you've become familiar with the 'order of things', it probably does become
second nature and you're able to whiz through the possibilities at a very efficient rate!

magician59 wrote:.... (Thinking to self: "What I wouldn't give for the ability to post this as a Youtube video!") ....

After posting this... I'd imagine you'll get your wish... one way or another. lol

Thanks again for taking the time to put this into words my friend. Much appreciated!

And Daggers will have his locks open in no time... if they're not already. :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LockManipulator

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 pm

so it took me about 30 min to dial through the lock and none of it opened :(

When doing the second number, in the case of let's say 25-0-8 (i found 8 to be the opening number) and then i go to 25-3-8, 25-6-8 and so on. But when i get to 25-18-8, you said "there's no sense in using a second number that is less than 5 numbers less than your first number" do i skip 21 and go past 25 straight to 27? the part i don't get is do i spin past 25 to test 27? because it seems like the 3rd wheel would be picked up and it would mess it up.

What i did when dialing my lock in, was instead of going 34-0-8 then 34-3-8, i went 34-37-8 then 34-0-8 and so forth. So when i got to 28, i did 28-31-8 as the first combo i tried then 28-34-8 until the second number was within 5 numbers less than the first number. Is this going to mess it up? because my lock didn't open. I feel like if i followed the pattern of 25-0-8, 25-3-8 instead of 25-28-8, 25-31-8 then i wouldn't be able to test any numbers between 25 and 0 as the second number.

Also i was wondering if i got the opening number correct. I had applied tension to the shackle at each gate and turned the dial left and right. There was one spot where the gate had significantly more movement left and right and that was moving from 7-9 so i had 8 as my third number i. Normally, the dial only moved one number difference when pressure was on the shackle such as moving from 27-28 and 21.5-22.5.

Sorry for all the questions and i really appreciate the help! :razz:
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

Daggers wrote:so it took me about 30 min to dial through the lock and none of it opened :(

When doing the second number, in the case of let's say 25-0-8 (i found 8 to be the opening number) and then i go to 25-3-8, 25-6-8 and so on. But when i get to 25-18-8, you said "there's no sense in using a second number that is less than 5 numbers less than your first number" do i skip 21 and go past 25 straight to 27? the part i don't get is do i spin past 25 to test 27? because it seems like the 3rd wheel would be picked up and it would mess it up.

This is what I was talking about when I said I wish I could do this in a video. What I meant about the first/second numbers in this particular statement is the numbers of the combination. Using your example of 25-3-8; 25-6-8...Stop at 25-18-8. By dialing 25-21-8, you're likely to throw the wheel, parked at 25, off because of the drive "pins" on the wheels. they tend to make contact when within 4 numbers of the set wheel.
Then, when starting with a new first number, always begin by adding 3 to the startng number (EX. After you've exhausted everything for 25-X-8, and start with 21, make your first combination 21-24-8; 21-27-8...21-17-8. Each time, DECREASING your first number by 3, and INCREASING your second number by 3.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

LockManipulator

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:02 pm

ohhh ok so i can't start trying 25 as the first number by doing 25-3-8, i have to start at 25-28-8 because otherwise i wouldnt be able to spin past 25 to test 28 as the second number.
Previous

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks