FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Your Safe Stories

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Your Safe Stories

I am getting more and more interested in safes, and I'm curious, What cool stories have our members heard or been a part of, involving safes? Ever seen a really cool one? Ever opened one via manipulation or by other means? Even seen one in an unusual place?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Re: Your Safe Stories

spent a few hours today making a pipe safe pick,there really expensive unlike the normal two in ones, i always make my own so if the tips break they can be replaced.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:15 pm

pipe picks 003.JPG
pipe picks 001.JPG
pipe pick homebrew 001.JPG
worst case your pick breaks and or his bent in the lock and wont come out nightmare.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 am

In the "old" days we used masonary drill bits instrad of diamond tippped bits. Cheaper to replace.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:12 pm

I spent almost 24 hours helping a co worker drill open a jammed cannonball safe open at a grocery store. Hard unglamourous work, but the reward was worth the effort.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

steveslock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 pm

have opened a lot of safes with manipulation.

Most fun opening was on a drug raid with the local PD. Had to open a mosler that was probably 100 years old, nothing in the safe when opened which sucked for all the LEO's standing around watching.

If you want to get into safes join SAVTA, its well worth the investment. Short of that go to S&G website and download their free dialing diagnostics guide. I open safes all the time with dialing diagnostics. Your local distributor might also offer classes, hands on learning for me has always made the biggest jump in knowledge.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 am

pipe pick 009.JPG
pipe pick 008.JPG
Fun to make and worthy of anyones tool kit. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:40 pm

10ringo10 love it ! just the obvious question mate , where do you source your materials ?
I only have 1 "two in one pick" and as you are aware they are not universal , so it would be great to have a cheap way to put a few together.
Open Sez Me !
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi nozza36 alot of my picks are made from metal from my local scrap metal yard,im in there at least once a week ,you name it you can locate it there.
i love spending time walking round you never know what your going to find,from a old safe to a wire coat hanger,as you already know it helps to have friends in low places buddy.
If its metal thats where it ends up in the end go straight to the source i say, happy hunting.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:59 am

magician59 wrote:I spent almost 24 hours helping a co worker drill open a jammed cannonball safe open at a grocery store. Hard unglamourous work, but the reward was worth the effort.

I love cannonball safes. what was the reward? was it getting the safe open or was the missing 15 minutes of the watergate tapes in it?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 am

It was a safe in use...so there was money in it. The jam was caused by a corner of a bank bag in the door lug. The reward was that of man wins over machine..
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Capt_Tom

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 am

I went to a dairy company in 1972. The building had been burglarized. The plate glass was broken, and there was a lot of blood. I noticed however, that there was no blood around the window... only in the office and out the door. The safe was laying on its side. It took three men to right it. When we did so, there were three fingers under it. The would be thief.... now short three fingers... was apprehended in a hospital over two hours drive away. That had to be a miserable trip.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:53 am

Now that is a lesson learned for that guy!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Ouch! No more five-finger discunts for that thief.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Altashot

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm

this guy brought a Sentry safe in our shop. He was freaking out and was yelling: I gotta get in that fu***** safe right fu***** now...I lost my fu***** key...I dont care if you wreck it just get the fu***** thing open NOW...I dont care how much it fu***** costs!!! Sensing the urgency, a co-worker and I crow barred it open. For the whole 2 minutes that it took, he kept freaking out...He was yelling, walking back and forth, grabbing his head...As soon as we had it opened, my co-worker and I figured out why he needed in so bad.
He kept his drugs in there...I dont know if it was coke, crack or heroine or whatever, but he grabbed a zippered bag and ran to the washroom...About 30 minutes later, he hadn't come out, so we opened the door and there he was laying on the floor passed out with a needle still in his arm. We called 911 and he was taken by ambulance. After the commotion was over, we looked at what else he had in that safe... Just over $500.00 in cash, a few once of pot and some hash. We kept the content in one of our safes for about a year but the dude never came back. We learnt later that he was in prison for drug dealing. We later burned some of the content...if you know what I mean...

I opened another safe for a 50 something years old guy. It was his mother's safe. she had passed away. He needed to get the insurance papers, the house deeds and her will...
Looking through some papers, he found his own birth certificate and some adoption papers...He never knew he was adopted...

98% of the time, what is found is what the customer was expecting to find. The other 2% is some weird stuff or nothing at all. In those 2%, I found a loaded hand gun, dirty pictures and the weirdest of all...a bag or rotten potatoes and some chicken bones...Must have been some goooood chicken to keep it locked up...

M.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks