FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Direct Drive Manipulation?

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Direct Drive Manipulation?

Okay if I can remember right it is called a direct drive mechanism, and I need some help learning how to open these. I have been going at this safe for a few nights now and it has been kicking my ass, so does anyone have some tips on getting these type of locks open?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Direct Drive Manipulation?

PM me. We'll get together and I'll show it to you.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Thu May 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Direct Drive Manipulation?

The way i see direct drive dials explained,first off i dont see it as a lock as such as it as no locking mechanism or boltworks,its just a series of wheels with slots.
when the correct combo his dialed in the slots line up,and the boltworks can enter unlocking ,a secondry device such as a handle or lock actually throws the boltwork.
if the wheels are not aligned the boltwork will and cannot retract,as nothing actually touches the wheel pack apart from the bolt a reading or manipulation is possible by binding only,this means tention on handle or any device fitted to move the bolts.
As one of the first combos on the market,it was reinvented as a cheaper alternative for cheaper end safes fitted with extra security such as a lock to move boltwork rather than just a handle.
THERE are many books and pdfs on the web today that go into detail as to how to defeat these and many more locks.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks