Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am

Re: Chubb Night deposit safe

Thru wall night deposits are usually anchored into the throat of the deposit chute from inside the wall with bolts. Look on the inside wall (above the safe) for 4 caps (they may be concealed). Once found, pull them off. There should be a 3/4" diameter tube with a bolt inside there which is turned by a hex wrench... I do not remember the size at the moment.. I am still on my first coffee. You will need a ratchet and 3' long 3/8" extension, with a locking pin (not just a spring loaded detent ball) to keep from losing the tip inside the wall. Try various sizes until one fits with no excess moovement. (you do not want to strip it out.) Unscrew all four bolts, and remove the outside drop. If it does have a S&G 6730 (as someone previously mentioned) and the change key hole is visible, you may be able to read the combination (with a scope - if you do not have one... there are some relatively inexpensive ones available thru auto mechanics and mechanical contractors tool sites)) . If it is a Chubb, Sorry! I haven't seen one in too long to remember anything but the name.