FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New safe

<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:06 pm

New safe

I just got a very early Christmas gift. I was given a joli safe http://www.joli.no/ I will take picks but right now it is raining and I would have to go to the garage. The combo was unknown but the door was open so I managed to read the disks and get it. 1 thing I noticed and struck me as strange is the box for the disks and the thing that falls into the gates is plastic. This safe is probably 40ish years old. Is it common to have plastic components? If anyone has experience with these safes that could get me some info, it would be greatly appreciated (model number to follow again raining)
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: New safe

It says on the inside panel that it is a MODEL 2 SAFE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm

That is awesome! Does it contain any hard plates, relockers and insulation? And plastic in a safe seems kinda ironic. I guess its not fire rated, as plastic obviously melts quicker than metal, well most metals.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm no expert but I would venture a guess that the safe lock has been changed out for that plastic one. I've never seen a plastic safe lock box like that.
<<

barbarian

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 pm

I have a pdf data sheet on a Joli model 4. It says they come with a plastic body lock and are fire rated for 1 hour.

Heat resistant plastic ??
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:34 pm

barbarian wrote:I have a pdf data sheet on a Joli model 4. It says they come with a plastic body lock and are fire rated for 1 hour.

Heat resistant plastic ??

That's amazing!!!
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm

could be heat resistant plastic, or it could be that if the lock box melts the bolt wont fall out or place... so it wont matter...

although it would likely be hard to turn the dial when the wheel pack is full of plastic
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks