FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Oscillate or not ?

<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 am

Oscillate or not ?

I've done a fair bit of manipulation, with some success and while I make no claims as to being an expert I'd say I'm fairly good at it.

I did a S&G 6700 series 4 wheel a few weeks back (real lockout on a Chubb Pacific). It took 2 hours 20 mins.

Now to those of you who manipulate here - do you routinely oscillate at the drop in for every reading you take ? At present I don't and am woundering whether the extra time and mucking around would pay dividends ? I've not had a failure yet on the safes I have tried and had the time to do but, when that does happen I expect the oscillation would improve the reading - but whether it makes enough of a difference is the point I am driving at ?

Feedback appreciated.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 am

Re: Oscillate or not ?

I oscillate the dial only when I have two known numbers and am working on the opening rotation.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 am

:agree:

Though, an the one you were working on it would be after having 3 known numbers. Pretty impressive, manipulating a 4 wheeled one is no joke.
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes, I do too when I am 'running' the last wheel of any lock as a matter of course. It's more for taking readings earlier in the process where my query is relevant.

In terms of time, a good quality 3 wheel is taking me around the 90 minute mark. Some of the cheaper stuff will open in 40 minutes every time.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks