FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kumahira Monetary Safe ( Pics to come )

<<

sinvoka

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Kumahira Monetary Safe ( Pics to come )

Hey guys, havent been on in a while, just purchased a house and have no internet as yet :(

anyway

i scored a ancient Kumahira safe from a garage sale the other week

its a Sargent & Greenleaf 6700 series combination lock and a Kumahira 5 pin removable core key lock

i decoded the combination last nite and already picked the keyway, now i need to find a blank and make up a key, and ill have a working safe :)

i had taken pics of the bits but my phone decided to die as with all the photos, so when i get home ill get some pics of the bits

the keypins are serrated and the driver pins have a few mushrooms in there too, was a very interesting pick with those serrated key pins
"I thought this was easy....untill i got my first BiLock"
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Kumahira Monetary Safe ( Pics to come )

Cool, can't wait for the pics. I have made keys for several of the Kumahira safe locks and never run into security pins which I thought was weird since they are on safes. I think all the ones I have run into have been knock-offs and not actual Kumahira, maybe that is why no security pins!
<<

sinvoka

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: Kumahira Monetary Safe ( Pics to come )

on the first look into the keyway you can see pin #1 with its serrations showing, then i thought i was going to be in for a battle, i need to find a replacement S&G dial assembly, looks like someone has tried to bust it off in a past life and the once shiny coating is starting to blister
"I thought this was easy....untill i got my first BiLock"

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks