FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Group 2m?

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:37 am

Group 2m?

I came across this safe with an open door but lost combination. I offered to recover the combination. You all know how much I love manipulation, so even though the door was open I couldn't help be spend a few minutes trying to manipulate the lock. To my surprise the readings were all over the place. I thought for sure there must be a roller on the nose... so I just opened the back of the door and to my surprise I saw this.. i have never seen this before.

It's in a 6700 body..

I'm guessing it a group 2m? I don't really see how it could make the readings so wild.. the roller I understand.. this device here I'm not so sure..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:31 pm

Re: Group 2m?

It is a 6770. It is a 6730, which has been converted with this piece to a zero change lock. The nose of the change key lifts this metal piece, which in turn lifts the lever. Took me also quite a while in the wild. In the end I found the LCP to be much more helpful than the RCP.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:00 pm

Re: Group 2m?

I didn't spend much time trying to manipulate it because the door was open, but maybe i should have..I probably could have got it ...

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks