FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Streak Broken today

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:56 pm

Streak Broken today

Well, after a 12 safes manipulated open so far this year my streak has been broken

My nemesis the JJ taylor beat me again. I'm going to try again tomorrow but I don't really have much hope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:45 am

Re: Streak Broken today

Can you locate what is making it so difficult for you?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:39 am

The JJ taylors just don't reveal as well as other locks. I was able to get one open in January. It took 2 hours and 2 tries compared to the 15 minutes I'm used to. Today I give it another try. hopefully with fresh eyes and a clear head the numbers will reveal themselves.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:49 am

If there is to much noise, you might try to put pressure onto the lock bolt by turning the handle, e.g. with a rubber cord.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:01 am

I will try that. Have you had much success with JJ TAYLOR style locks? They are my kryptonite!!
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:52 am

Not being near Canada I haven laid my hands on one. I do have a rolling bolt S&G. It is totally noisy because the bolt/lever assembly shifts back and forth as it doesn't have a dedent ball. Pushing the bolt work onto the lock bolt should make it much better.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:55 am

I'm back!!! Got that bitch open..
I'm not sure how to account for the time on this one. I was getting nowhere with the All wheels right approach. Which is what I THOUGHT the JJ taylor wanted. I gave up I said screw this .. let's try an all wheels left approach.. well wouldn't you know it everything fell right into place and 15 minutes later that lever fell into the cam...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Awesome! But no you have to change the title.

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks