FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pain in the A** safe

<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Pain in the A** safe

So this safe here was a headache.

I manipulated the lock open only to discover the relocker was engaged. So I peeked though the back of the safe through a mounting hole to see that the back of the lock was removed. I though no problem I'll just get my reach tool and press in the relocker and turn the dial. When I pressed in the relocker on the lock I turned the dial and that when it didn't go as planned. To my surprise during my manhandling of the safe the damn spline key fell out. That means i can't turn the lock. I spun the dial off and let the cam drive fall out. Now I had to drill the hole bigger to fit my borescope in to see what was going on. I used 1 reach tool to press in the relocker and another to push the bolt back. I turned the handle and still no luck. Put the borescope back in and see what's happening. Turns out the mechanical relocker on the safe was also engaged. A little bit of finesse with the reach tool and finally was able to bypass the mechanical relocker. It was hard because the spring for the relocker was very strong but I got it.

When when I opened the big door I discovered another mini compartment with another lock. Manipulated that one open.

I was hoping the back of the first lock was in the safe but no such luck. The retainer for the mechanical relocker was also missing. I removed the spring loaded bar for the relocker and now I have to find a back for the lock.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Re: Pain in the A** safe

I'm trying to ipload pics but my IP gets banned when I upload. Hopefully this works..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:23 pm

Borscope cam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:24 pm

Finally open
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:26 pm

Both compartments open but I need a back plate for the bottom lock. The top lock is a samo so the place doesn't fit on the s&g which is odd because the samo is practically a s&g clone but a bit harder to manipulate.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:35 am

Great work!

So somebody tried to service that safe, closed the door for a break, recognized his mistake, put a bit carpet over the safe and dropped out?
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

webpirate

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:04 am

That's the only reasonable explanation. The problem with me is that I am stubborn and I don't want to admit defeat.. so I have to keep attacking it..
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:52 am

You work wasn't in vain. A lot of safe work is just like what you did, issues outside of a forgotten combo. A key stuck in the key hole, a loose bolt due to a loose screw, a borken split pin tripping a relocker. a snapped fly, a spline key that has fallen out and also a botched job of another locksmith.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt

Return to Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks